Screen protector

musclemilk

Reaction score
The one I have still leaves finger prints.

Anyone know where to get one that doesn't?

My brother has a "vinyl " one for iphone......this ring a bell?

robnich

Reaction score

My experience is that you definitely do not need a screen protector for the Droid X. It has a "Gorilla Glass" screen which is highly resistant to scratches or mars. My screen protector was always smeared and picked up dust along the margins and also showed a scratch, so I took it off and the screen remains perfect months later. If you wipe it occasionally with a microfiber cloth it will look like new.

Bob N.

Reaction score
My experience is that you definitely do not need a screen protector for the Droid X. It has a "Gorilla Glass" screen which is highly resistant to scratches or mars. My screen protector was always smeared and picked up dust along the margins and also showed a scratch, so I took it off and the screen remains perfect months later. If you wipe it occasionally with a microfiber cloth it will look like new.

Agreed. I have never used a screen protector. I rub my phone screen on my pant leg, shirt arm, etc. all the time to clean the screen. It's still in pristine condition.

gimlet72

Reaction score
I had the Inivisheild protector which is very thick and Vinyl like. I lost alot of feel and screen responsiveness. I am now using the Seidio protector which is great. Doesn't scratch or smudge easily. I have mo phone in my pocket alot with keys so I like to have the screen protected. That being said the rest of the phone looks like sh*t. It has been dropped numerous time "exploding" with the back cover and battery flying in opposite directions.

Amazon.com: Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard for Motorola DROID X/Droid X 2 - 2 Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

^^^^^^ Seidio Protector

thinman72069

Reaction score
Unless you keep your DX in a purse where the screen could potentially grind against metal objects (ie keys) you will do much better w/o a screen protector.
I tried a 5 star protector from Amazon and it collected smudges like crazy and was plain ugly. I've had my DX for 9 mos. and the screen is perfect. That's with smacking the screen against some pretty sturdy objects too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
I had the Inivisheild protector which is very thick and Vinyl like. I lost alot of feel and screen responsiveness. I am now using the Seidio protector which is great. Doesn't scratch or smudge easily. I have mo phone in my pocket alot with keys so I like to have the screen protected. That being said the rest of the phone looks like sh*t. It has been dropped numerous time "exploding" with the back cover and battery flying in opposite directions.

Amazon.com: Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard for Motorola DROID X/Droid X 2 - 2 Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

^^^^^^ Seidio Protector

How much was invisishield?

hqm2009

Reaction score

You just need a screen protector made of matte anti fingerprint material.

Rumblur

Reaction score
After ruining my Omnia by using it for a year without a screen protector, I would NOT run the X without one. Is the screen tough? maybe... but a little protection goes a looooooong way.

With that said - Im not a phone whore, so I will use the X for at least 2 years.

clayrebel

Reaction score
I have used many screen protectors for my DX.
Zagg, skinomi, the generic kind, etc.but the best in my opinion is from XO skins.
The size fits the screen near perfectly. Although it is a wet application, it has not ruined my phone a bit.
The one I have on right now was put on in March of this year. Still clean, minor scuff marks but doesn't interfere with image quality at all. No orange peel effect either.
it's about $14 with shipping and their customer service has been great. Free replacements too.

bkendrick

Reaction score
I had a zagg on my X for about eight months. Its tough but I never liked the rubber feel to it. Recently switched to the el-cheepo brand on Amazon. 3 for 75 cents. I think its got a way better feel to it. I don't care if it doesn't last long because at that price I just stocked up and change it when I need to.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.9

zachjeep

Reaction score
I use the one that the Verizon store has it's anti glare and it does a very good job masking fingerprints. They will put them on for you. I have tried but had very little success. Without trying out any other screen protectors, I would say this is definitely at the top. Doesn't cover all the glass, just the screen section. Not a big deal at all though. Most covers hide that part. https://m.store.verizonwireless.com/mas/shop_detail.aspx?accPK=20019

Rocko

Reaction score
I had a zagg on my X for about eight months. Its tough but I never liked the rubber feel to it. Recently switched to the el-cheepo brand on Amazon. 3 for 75 cents. I think its got a way better feel to it. I don't care if it doesn't last long because at that price I just stocked up and change it when I need to.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.9

I had about 20 of the cheap ones. They would scratch about every 2 weeks and bug me. Changing them I usually wasted one or two getting lint underneath them. I now have a Zagg. While I don't like the feel, I am way too rough on my phone and have a year left, so I want to keep it nice.