Where can I buy a good and cheap screen protector?

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
On screen protectors. Would there be a secret out there on how to put them on. I have watched YouTube, did it in bathroom after shower. Still cannot do this myself. Always end up going to verizon & getting them to do it. Feel like an idiot!

Shower method has never failed for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Arriviste

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3 [5.0] (Verizon)
I just applied a cheap cut-it-yourself film I had leftover from my prior phone, a BB Storm, to my new Precious. I used a tip I read recently. (Apologies and thanks to whomever I'm stealing this suggestion from: Apply lengths of tape like invisible, painters', gaffa, etc.) to the non-sticky side of your film so that you may have a hold on it without putting your dirty-filthy paws on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Arriviste

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3 [5.0] (Verizon)
An Update

Finally, I took the time to apply the Skinomi screen protector. It's very well worth the wait. Fortunately, I had an old Nokia clamshell phone I could re-activate* while waiting the recommended time to power-on the Bionic. I applied the skin without any trouble and it looks absolutely flawless.

The only downside to it that I can see is that the narrow strip above my speaker shifts and will likely split eventually, but I don't really worry too much about scratching that part of the phone. The look and feel of it is almost indiscernible when swiping. I saw the agent at Verizon do a double-take, tilt it toward the light, and have another feel of it when he noticed it. (And--it's likely not an issue for most of you--I had some of my foundation makeup rub onto it and I was able to wipe it away easily.) Given the lifetime replacement guarantee, the ease of use and application, how perfect it looks, and how Skinomi re-worked the template for the Bionic and replaced customers' skins once it was understood that it interfered with the proximity detector functions, I don't think I could think any more highly of this protector.

*[SUB]I passed the twenty-four mark before I attempted to switch back to the Droid. The Verizon site would not complete my activation (with no explanation), so I contacted a CSR via phone. Come to find out, if one waits more than twenty-four hours to switch back to a smartphone now, the SIM card gets "retired" and the user has to go to a Verizon store to have it swapped. Would have been nice to know beforehand. [/SUB]:/

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Finally, I took the time to apply the Skinomi screen protector. It's very well worth the wait. Fortunately, I had an old Nokia clamshell phone I could re-activate* while waiting the recommended time to power-on the Bionic. I applied the skin without any trouble and it looks absolutely flawless.

The only downside to it that I can see is that the narrow strip above my speaker shifts and will likely split eventually, but I don't really worry too much about scratching that part of the phone. The look and feel of it is almost indiscernible when swiping. I saw the agent at Verizon do a double-take, tilt it toward the light, and have another feel of it when he noticed it. (And--it's likely not an issue for most of you--I had some of my foundation makeup rub onto it and I was able to wipe it away easily.) Given the lifetime replacement guarantee, the ease of use and application, how perfect it looks, and how Skinomi re-worked the template for the Bionic and replaced customers' skins once it was understood that it interfered with the proximity detector functions, I don't think I could think any more highly of this protector.

*[SUB]I passed the twenty-four mark before I attempted to switch back to the Droid. The Verizon site would not complete my activation (with no explanation), so I contacted a CSR via phone. Come to find out, if one waits more than twenty-four hours to switch back to a smartphone now, the SIM card gets "retired" and the user has to go to a Verizon store to have it swapped. Would have been nice to know beforehand. [/SUB]:/

Sounds to me like you just lost your unlimited data, at least that I'd what Verizon is going to tell you. You should have called first.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Arriviste

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3 [5.0] (Verizon)
Sounds to me like you just lost your unlimited data, at least that I'd what Verizon is going to tell you. You should have called first.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

You're right: I probably should have called first. Given my time with Verizon (which has been wonderful until very recently), payment history, and that I used my upgrade to get this phone, I didn't expect to lose features.

I'm sure that I lost it already when I set up my upgrade from Blackberry Storm to this phone. In fact, I ended up with the "get double the gigs" plan and initially ordered 10, resulting in 20 gigs. When I picked up my SIM, I knocked it down to paying for 2 gigs (and getting 4.) I'm usually in wi-fi environments, so I don't think I'll come close to my limit. (Haven't used even close to one gig so far.) Unlimited would be nice, but my recent experiences with Verizon have gone from five-star to two-star, at the most, so I don't expect as much I used to.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
I used the ones from the Verizon store. They have the cut outs and cover the screen right up to the edge of the Otterbox. No trimming.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Blossom151

Reaction score
Go to Amazon.com.....I purchased one for my RazR as well as my Kindle Fire....and they are crystal clear, they don't distort the color or brightness on the screen and are anti~glare....I can look up the store and $ if needed..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums