anti-glare/matte screen protector?

turdbogls

Reaction score
so i seriously considering getting one of these simply b/c my finger prints are driving me nuts (yeah i am "that" guy..the one that complains about fingerprints on a touch screen device)

my main concern is the look of the screen afterwards...my buddy has an iPhone 4 and had the anti-glare/matte protector on it and it really killed the sharpness of pictures and the screen on a whole. just wanted to get your thoughts about the Droids screen and these screen protectors. let me know where you got yours, and if it helps cut down on visibility of finger prints.

thanks in advance.

a031363

Reaction score
I have tried many different screen protectors over the years and the one I have on my Droid, the Steinheil AF, is the best. It provides a matte surface that does not noticeably reduce clarity, but is truly fingerprint-proof!

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
The displays are bright enough to overcome reflections. Well, this is a picture of my plain old iPod and my iPhone with a matte screen protector lying next to each other on my desk, both having the brightness cranked up to the max. The advantage of having anti-glare coating seems obvious.

a) you didn't attach any pics...lol
b) the main reason for this is to reduce finger prints. but i still disagree the screen is bright enough to overcome reflections. i find it near impossible to read the phone in direct sunlight.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rain x your screen.it doesn't prevent gook but it wipes off easily with no residue and makes sliding easier in high humidity

wified from my Incredible monolith using Swype on Tapatalk

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Just to give an update, I bought a 5 pack from amazon and put one on today....so far so good. my only complaint is how a white screen looks.other than that I dont really notice a difference in sharpness which is nice, finger prints are non existent, and the screen has a nice smooth feel to it...not sure how the anti-glare part works yet but I will put that to the test tomorrow morning.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i find it near impossible to read the phone in direct sunlight.
Glare isn't the only reason you have difficulty in sunlight.

I have tried many different screen protectors over the years and the one I have on my Droid, the Steinheil AF, is the best. It provides a matte surface that does not noticeably reduce clarity, but is truly fingerprint-proof!
Haven't used the Steinheil AF but their Crystal is a very good screen protector. If smudges were a concern I'd seriously consider the Steinheil AF.

Just to give an update, I bought a 5 pack from amazon
A 5 pack of what? Were they Amazon brand (never seen any)?

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Just to give an update, I bought a 5 pack from amazon
A 5 pack of what? Were they Amazon brand (never seen any)?

sorry, i actually got them from Ebay. 5 pack of anti-glare protectors from the only guy i could find inside the US (NY i believe) i would link to it but my work blocks ebay.

but they work great, they cut down glare in the direct sunlight, it is slightly easier to see outside now, but not great. like i said, the main reason was to cut back on finger prints/smudges and it does a pretty good job at that.