best screen protector????

clay2022

Reaction score
just got my Droid and I was wanting opinions on screen protectors. coming from an Iphone i really loved the anti-glare with the matte finish. cant seem to find what i am looking for. any suggestions?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/12965-steinheil-crystal.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/26389-stealthguard-possible-case-replacement.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...whether-go-anti-fingerprint-crytal-clear.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/11581-naked-glass-overrated.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...i-fingerprint-review-application-process.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/17230-what-best-screen-protector.html

Welcome to the forums! There are many posts on screen protectors and cases. I realize you might not know all the names of the different types of protectors and cases, so I don't mind plugging some links in for you :)

The forums do have a search function, it sometimes has crazy returns, but it works decently. If the search doesn't help you out, feel free to post away, you'll get answers usually fairly quickly around this place :p

jasonh7299

Reaction score
I just got a screen protector from Phantom Skinz and really like it.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
My wife has the standard Verizon store screen protector and it is doing fine. I really don't think it is necessary though. I had my BB Storm for almost a year and now the Droid without any screen protector and I have gotten no scratches marks, etc.

gmpdmd

Reaction score
I had an LG Dare for two years without a screen protector and had no intention of putting one on my Droid. However, I'm a little OCD and could not deal with how much the screen picked up fingerprints. I ordered the Steinheil antifingerprint screen protector, and I love it. It took me a little while to get used to the finish but it sounds like that's what you are used to. It was also super easy to apply. One tiny bubble that was easily removed. Check it out at their website: sgpstore.com

polack

Reaction score
Best one bar none is from zagg.com Invisisheild. lifetime warranty and it is perfect.

baniels

Reaction score
Dear Jus Cruisin,

You say it isn't necessary because you don't have a protector and you don't have any scratches.

The logic there escapes me.

That you have no scratches now, has no influence on your phone's susceptibility to being scratched.

The screen protectors are a cheap insurance policy against POTENTIAL damage.

The screens are not made from Superman's skin. They can and do scratch.

Read around. There are plenty of people who really wish they had a screen protector, even though prior to scratching their screen, they hadn't ever scratched their screen.

virtualhuman

Reaction score
Best one bar none is from zagg.com Invisisheild. lifetime warranty and it is perfect.
That's what I have. Paid the few extra $ when I bought it at a brick & mortar store to get it put on since they can be a pain. Worth every penny, especially not to have to do it myself.

baniels

Reaction score
I forgot to address the OP.

The Steinheil Crystal works well for me. Look for my thread on the blurriness of the same company's Anti-Fingerprint shield before you order it, if you are considering that one.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
My wife has the standard Verizon store screen protector and it is doing fine. I really don't think it is necessary though. I had my BB Storm for almost a year and now the Droid without any screen protector and I have gotten no scratches marks, etc.

Yea same.. I dont really think the screen protectors are necessary. Unless of course, you have 2 droids, and they've been drinking, well, then maybe..

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Dear Jus Cruisin,

You say it isn't necessary because you don't have a protector and you don't have any scratches.

The logic there escapes me.

That you have no scratches now, has no influence on your phone's susceptibility to being scratched.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is what is great about the good ole USA. We can express it (most of the time). Logic? I don't get that comment. I have never marked the glass on really any phone I have ever had. Glass lasts for years on cars/trucks and gets bombarded with alot more stuff than my phone ever will with really no ill effects (short of getting hit with rock at 70mph - a piece of plastic coating won't help an impact like that anyway). Now, I do not carry my phone loose in my pockets like some people (I use a holster) and if I am working on my vehicles, lawn work, etc., I don't carry it. If someone calls, I will get back to them later. So maybe I don't abuse my phone to begin with. I like the phone without the plastic and I am willing to take the "risk" which I think is slim to none.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
any suggestions?
Have you checked the Accessories forum?

Best is always subjective. Doesn't matter what the topic is. Bar none. :D

Even the choice to use or not use one to begin with is a subjective matter as every single screen protector thread has demonstrated.

Last edited:

baniels

Reaction score
I apologize for coming across rude, if I did. It was early and the day is treating me poorly. No offense intended.

There was a youtube video that had somehow become gospel on this subject. It was a guy trying to scratch his screen with his keys. His attempts were unsuccessful. A lot of people took that to mean that the screen couldn't be scratched.

That is simply not the truth. I guess I want new owners to be aware that it in fact CAN be scratched, and rather easily in some cases. Keys are often made of soft metals, so the video is not surprising, but it is misleading.

If you holster yours all the time, you are already mitigating your risk. Screen protector is another way to mitigate the risk.

Search this forum for the words screen and scratch. One person had his Droid in his pocket with a foil gum wrapper - it scratched the screen. Another from a couple grains of sand.

Not to mention what would happen if it were to be dropped and land the wrong way on any number of common surfaces.

My screen protector has a number of tiny scratches on it. I have never dropped it and I baby it like hell. I do not know if whatever caused those scratches would have done anything to the actual screen, but I'm happy to remain ignorant of that answer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is what is great about the good ole USA. We can express it (most of the time). Logic? I don't get that comment. I have never marked the glass on really any phone I have ever had. Glass lasts for years on cars/trucks and gets bombarded with alot more stuff than my phone ever will with really no ill effects (short of getting hit with rock at 70mph - a piece of plastic coating won't help an impact like that anyway). Now, I do not carry my phone loose in my pockets like some people (I use a holster) and if I am working on my vehicles, lawn work, etc., I don't carry it. If someone calls, I will get back to them later. So maybe I don't abuse my phone to begin with. I like the phone without the plastic and I am willing to take the "risk" which I think is slim to none.

mpax9

Reaction score

Agreed. I was buying those 3-Packs from Verizon for a while, but they were awful. I installed the Invisishield a few weeks ago and it's been fantastic.