Samsung Galaxy S: Engadget

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung_galaxy_s.jpg

Just when we thought that we had the line up complete for the summer of new Android phones, along comes the Samsung Galaxy S introduced last night in London. Featuring Samsung's 4-inch, Super AMOLED, 800 x 480, IPS-killing display. Works great in sunlight.

For more on this beauty, follow the link below. Thanks to Engadget.

Samsung Galaxy S preview -- Engadget

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I really like Samsung phones and have always had good luck with them. Of course these were feature phones. Never had a Samsung smartphone. I have read that they aren't exactly great with updates. I hope that isn't the case with the Galaxy S. Due to the recently announced huge size of the Droid X, the Galaxy is on the top of my wish list.

Eli

Reaction score
Yeah, the Droid X is way to big. Plus I want the Super AMOLED screen.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
My wife had a Samsung prior to her Droid and it wasn't anything but pure T crap. I've never owned anything but Motos due to their fantastic build quality.

Just MHO, and 2Cents.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife had a Samsung prior to her Droid and it wasn't anything but pure T crap. I've never owned anything but Motos due to their fantastic build quality.

Just MHO, and 2Cents.

I can find a whole bunch of people who say the same thing about Motorola. Kind of reminds me of the old Ford/Chevy arguments. For those of you who were around when Ford and Chevy were the best.

We haven't heard anything yet about it coming to Verizon, but we haven't heard anything saying it wouldn't be coming to Verizon.

mach330

Reaction score
i do like this super amoled. i hope this will replace all the amoled displays since sammy produces the same display. i thought this phone is only for tmo?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Omnia 1 and the u740 has me wary about Samsung phones as far as reception, but this thing looks nice!!!

As long as its not a resistive screen, this will be a winner. Android is getting better n better....

And it has a front facing camera....cmon Droid X, get with the program.....I hope that was the hardware change I been hearing about for the X...

tgs3838

Reaction score
All these android phones. Or phones with that software coming out is starting to confuse me lol. Hard to keep up with it all.