Samsung Announces Galaxy SII LTE & Galaxy SII LTE HD Launching in S. Korea

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s-ii-lte-and-hd-lte-front-sept-2011.jpg

There is great news from Samsung for South Koreans today. Apparently, Samsung has not been one to "rest on their laurels" and is readying to launch a new Samsung Galaxy SII LTE version and a Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE version as well. Of course the SGS2 LTE is nearly the same as the OG SGS2, except for the slightly upgraded 1.5GHz CPU, and an added LTE radio; however, the SGS2 LTE HD also adds a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD screen with 1280 x 720 resolution. Talk about a nice upgrade... Let's cross our fingers that it doesn't take another 6 months to get these in the States, and that Verizon will get one.

Here's a quote from the Engadget article with some carrier details, and a press release source link after,
No word yet on pricing or availability, but the Galaxy S II LTE will be available exclusively on SK Telecom, while the HD variant will be available on all three Korean carriers -- SK Telecom, LG U+ and KT.

Source: GalaxyForums.net via Engadget and Samsung Galaxy SII LTE and Galaxy SII HD LTE Launch in S. Korea Press Release

mach330

Reaction score
is the right the hd one? I'm really hoping if the vzw one is in fact similar to the hd one. i hope the physical size stays the same and the screen just gets bigger. i don't think I would want anything bigger than the bionic.