Galaxy SII Announcement Coming August 29? We hope so!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsunginvite-release-sgs2.jpg

Samsung just shared that there mobile division will have a major announcement at a NYC press event on August 29th. The "major announcement" is that the Samsung Galaxy SII will finally arrive on U.S. soil! Samsung's CEO, Shin Jong-kyun, promised that the superphone would be "launched" in August, and it appears he will make good on his promise, just under the wire. The Samsung Galaxy SII has been the hottest selling Android smartphone of all time, and all before it even launched here in the USA. As reported before, it will be coming to multiple different carriers under different names, but regardless of its moniker, this superphone is a welcome addition to the Android family.

Let the dancing commence! dancedroid:icon_ lala:dancedroid

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Aah you beat me to it lol...good job though.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

J

JohnDroid

I can't wait for this. More excited about this then the Bionic.

creaky

Reaction score
Let's hope it gets Verizon before 2012....

Reaction score
So as strange as it may sound, today was the first I've really heard of the Galaxy SII. That being said, I did my fair share of research on it and now I NEED this phone. Too bad my contract with VZW doesn't end until January :<

Reaction score
So as strange as it may sound, today was the first I've really heard of the Galaxy SII. That being said, I did my fair share of research on it and now I NEED this phone. Too bad my contract with VZW doesn't end until January :<
If your contract is up in Jan I would look at the Vigor or the Nexus Prime.

Reaction score
If your contract is up in Jan I would look at the Vigor or the Nexus Prime.

I was actually somewhat interested in the Vigor, I just haven't done the research on it. Will it have as fancy a screen as the Galaxy SII? Also I know nothing about the Nexus Prime, time to do my research~

Clutch07

Reaction score
I was actually somewhat interested in the Vigor, I just haven't done the research on it. Will it have as fancy a screen as the Galaxy SII? Also I know nothing about the Nexus Prime, time to do my research~

From what I understand the Vigor is rumored with a 4.3 inch 720p HD display. If it were likely to come out within a few weeks of the Bionic I would be tempted to wait, but my heart is still with the device I have been following for 6 months now.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I think this is great. Its got to be a slap in the face for Motorola that sammy is going to intro the gs2 before the release of the bionic. This will make many people wait a bit longer to get this device over the bionic. For me to consider the gs2, it must be 4g, lte on Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The only way I would consider the GS2 is if it is 4G LTE. Other then that The Bionic will be my choice. I hope that both is a world phone so I can ditch my other BB completely..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is great, if a release date is announced it will give us bionic wannabe's a time frame to wait and see which we prefer. Then again he could come out just say, "I was pulling all your legs"... <g> doubt it tho ...