Samsung Galaxy S III-Mini Specs and Pic Leaked; Likely Being Announced Tomorrow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s-iii-mini.jpeg

We have good intel that Samsung plans to unveil their newest device, the Samsung Galaxy S III-Mini. Along with this report comes a pic and a few leaked specs. Here is the pic above and here are the known specs:
  • 4-inch Super AMOLED 800×480 display
  • 1Ghz dual-core STE U8420
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 5 megapixel camera
As you can see, this is not much to go on, and not much to get excited about. Still, it makes sense for Samsung to offer a wide variety of devices. For many users this will likely be a decent budget-friendly phone. As far as we know it will release in Europe first. It is also possible that it may only come to Europe, but we will let you know if we find out more tomorrow. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the tip, Darla!

Source: MobileGeeks.de

champaned_out

Reaction score
never felt like the original S3 was ever that expensive to start with... $199.99 for the base model seems very affordable considering all it offers... my thunderbolt was $299.99 when it was released w/ a contract renewal

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
champaned_out said:
never felt like the original S3 was ever that expensive to start with... $199.99 for the base model seems very affordable considering all it offers... my thunderbolt was $299.99 when it was released w/ a contract renewal

This is more for markets that don't work on subsidized prices. I doubt this will make it here.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
shouldn't have the s3 name at all!!!! if it was really an s3 mini... it would have all the internals of an s3 with a smaller screen

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

TatDroid

Reaction score
This is for the segment of the market (like my 5'1" daughter) that says "like the phone, but it's too big".

Choice. It's a good thing. (it's also an Android thing :))

champaned_out

Reaction score
This is more for markets that don't work on subsidized prices. I doubt this will make it here.

That makes sense but companies like metropcs just stated that they will be selling the original s3... so it looks like even markets that don't subsidize their phones are choosing to go with their big brother over this mini.. I don't really see this product moving enough to make a decent profit

WestOkid

Reaction score
This is for the segment of the market (like my 5'1" daughter) that says "like the phone, but it's too big".

Choice. It's a good thing. (it's also an Android thing :))

I agree with you on the choice thing, because I wish there was a GS3 the size of a Droid M, but this ain't it. This is a 2 year old phone with an updated OS.