Specs are Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-logo-on-backplate.jpg

A Samsung phone with the model number SM-G800 recently had its specs leaked. More than likely this will be the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini. There has been no official word that this device is coming, but past history from Sammy strongly indicates it will.

Here's the full breakdown of what was leaked,

• 4.5-inch 720p HD Super AMOLED display
  • Snapdragon Processor (probably the Snapdragon 400)
  • 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal Storage
  • 8MP rear camera with 2MP front camera
  • 2,100mAh battery
  • IP67 certification for waterproof and dust proof
  • Android 4.4 KitKat
  • IR Blaster
This device, like its predecessors, is primed to exploit the budget-friendly end of the consumer markets. If this specs are accurate, then this isn't half bad for that purpose.

Source:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that companies should stop putting out minis of anything, it just adds fluff to the phone arena in which is already flooded with phones. Samsung should just worry about making decent devices. No device in this day should have less then 32GB of onboard memory, as this was already a problem shared by many with the S4 16GB version. After all the OS and bloatware your down to 9-10GB worth of space, and for many users who do lots of stuff on their phone, that room gets eaten quickly. I really wish that they wouldn't allow companies to dictate which apps and or services you can have access to, on a phone which is your property. One of the things I was really looking forward to on the Note 3 was the personal version of Knox, to later find out that verizon said no thanks to that idea, so that made me mad, which when I called them on the issue, none of them had a clue, so they called samsung which stated that verizon had left it out, and as far as they knew it would be included in an update, that was a call made in november of last year.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The budget market here in Asia is huge considering the average monthly income is less than $400. a month.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
fear not, inside of 2 years I think pc-style "a la carte" ordering will be affordable.

I hesitate to pull the trigger on a phone with 2gigs of ram (no sd is a non-starter)...especially if I am going to pay full-retail to keep unlimited data, then I want to get at least 3+ years out of that phone.

The worst part is if you want a screen smaller than 5", then you're pretty much stuck with a mid/low-tier device.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
fear not, inside of 2 years I think pc-style "a la carte" ordering will be affordable.

I hesitate to pull the trigger on a phone with 2gigs of ram (no sd is a non-starter)...especially if I am going to pay full-retail to keep unlimited data, then I want to get at least 3+ years out of that phone.

The worst part is if you want a screen smaller than 5", then you're pretty much stuck with a mid/low-tier device.

I do completely agree with you on that. Most higher tiered phones are at or above the 5" screen size now. That is why I went with the Note 3, as it comes with many top of the line items at the time it came out, and I was able to get it on my contract for extension for another 2 years, though i know this is not the case with most. While I do not use the SD card for much, I do like having the option of having it, esp when I go on trips as I can transfer movies and music to it for the road or flight.

The budget market here in Asia is huge considering the average monthly income is less than $400. a month.

I do completely understand that the markets in other countries do differ a lot from the market of the US. I have just seen a big influx of low to mid-range devices lately coming out.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6

My point exactly. I want a 4" edgeless screen with top of the line specs and a 4000mah battery. Personally my phone is in my pocket the majority of they day and a big screened phone is awkward in my pocket. I love that they make "Mini" versions of phones, but why can't they just make the screen smaller and keep all of the same specs? The new droid maxx is a perfect example of how thin you can make a high end phone. It is .2mm thicker than the razr m yet has twice the specs. I would be fine with the phone being a little thicker with a 4" display.

Plus they need to stick to onscreen buttons and go with a truly edgeless display.

loki993

Reaction score

Phones are getting too big in my opinion...and the exact problem is if someone doesn't want a huge phone but they still want top end specs the options are pretty much non existent..really wish someone would figure this out...I love the size of these "minis" but I cant justify getting one due to the specs that have....especially not with something Im going to have to live with for the next 2+ years. It may run fine now but who knows how it will run after a year and a couple updates....