[Rumor] Leaked Samsung Galaxy S3 Pics; 1.8GHz CPU, 12MP Camera; Possibly Fake

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gs3a-pic.jpg

We are reluctantly reporting this particular story, because it is very likely a fake. However, it seems interesting and plausible enough that we should report it, just in case it is a snafu instead. This supposedly leaked marketing pic has been floating around the web, and it details the progression of the Galaxy S line of phones, culminating with a Samsung Galaxy SIII (yes, that's three) device. Here are the specs mentioned in the pic for the SGS3:
  • 1.8GHz Exynos 4212 dual-core processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 12MP camera
  • 4.6-inch Super AMOLED Plus HD display
There are a couple of things that make this particular pic suspect. One is that they call the screen a Super AMOLED Plus HD, but Samsung's actual name for it is HD Super AMOLED Plus. The second is that it shows the original Samsung Galaxy S device with an Exynos processor, but that chip didn't even exist when they released that phone. You would think their own marketing department wouldn't make either of these mistakes, but stranger things have happened...

What do you guys think? Real or Fake? If it is real, does it seem impressive?

Source: GalaxyForums.net via Engadget and Phandroid

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Images of the phones have a white background on it. They could've at least cleaned it up to look more authentic. Clear background .png files! :icon_eek:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I feel bad, I'm the one that showed DG the story, and looking at the pic I just noticed they spelled copying wrong also..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do think the next chipsets for Samsung will be 1.5ghz -1.8 dual core. But 12mp camera is more than what people need. A oem have to weigh a device features against cost. Every want wants all these cool features but we dont want to bear the full cost. SO what can Samsung do without especially in the states where the compete side by side with the iphone and other android devices. Most of us can get by with an 8 mp camera for every day use as long as it takes good pictures. The camera on the tbolt takes better pictures than the droid bionic. Space, well we are seeing that 1gb of ram is probably about what we need for everyday usage especially with android becoming more efficient with every update. 4.6 inch display is probably right given that is the projected size of the Nexus Prime.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We know the picture is fake, but some of the specs is probably right. Remember that oems have at least 2 or 3 concept phone that are in use by testers. They tweak and tweak up until release day. The may have a concept phone with crazy specs that may not see the light of day for 2 years because some technology consumers are not ready for or the os is not ready for it. So I would not be surprised to see a galaxy s running around with those specs but in the end it comes down to what the carrier wants and think the consumers will pay for especially in the states where we live off of cell phone subsidies.

HarshReality

Reaction score
I feel bad, I'm the one that showed DG the story, and looking at the pic I just noticed they spelled copying wrong also..

I work for Epson.. you should see some of the Japanese/Engish translations in the diagnostic software... copying misspelled isnt a definate 'fake' sign LOL

HarshReality

Reaction score
Yea, I was actually waiting for my spelling on 'English' to be noted.. but you get the idea all the same

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I know is some of us HAVE to stay outta the forums or we will NEVER get a new phone... I'm sure the GS3 is probably coming out the middle of next year but still...