Samsung Has A New Galaxy S With Dual Core Processor With Amoled Plus Screen!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Samsung says the Galaxy S successor to arrive with a dual-core processor and Super AMOLED Plus screen

Samsung-says-the-Galaxy-S-successor-to-arrive-with-a-dual-core-processor-and-Super-AMOLED-Plus-screen.jpg

Samsung has moved forward and have officially confirmed the Galaxy S2 will sport a dual-core processor, as well as a Super AMOLED Plus screen.

Here is what the report from Samsung says:

"Samsung announced it will introduce the successor to its Galaxy S smartphone during the first half of 2011, featuring a dual-core processor and Super AMOLED Plus display to further enrich user experience. With its growing lineup, the company is targeting smartphone sales of 60 million units for the year, double that of 2010. In the tablet market, Samsung will complement its Galaxy Tab with a range of devices to optimally meet various user needs."

Last edited by a moderator:

Anomander

Reaction score
I'll be really curious to see what new phones and how the new ones coming out are doing by the time I upgrade in July. The specs on the phones just keep getting better so it will be nice to see how they are all working after a few months.

The Specs on this one look pretty good. Nice size screen and 1200MHZ.

ITguy11

Reaction score
I will never buy a Samsung phone again due to their lack of support...

jmemory

Reaction score
They can hang it on cats tail

So instead of getting update to 2.2, half a year after everyone else I should ju:icon_evil:st buy this. No thanks Samsung is not getting my money anymore.

bman_33

Reaction score
@jmemory: Relax, once this comes out I'm sure it will be sporting a shiny new 2.2 so that in 2012 when the next one comes out we can all upgrade to 2.3 at that time!:biggrin:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
@jmemory: Relax, once this comes out I'm sure it will be sporting a shiny new 2.2 so that in 2012 when the next one comes out we can all upgrade to 2.3 at that time!:biggrin:

The specs page says that it's coming out with 2.3.

CxanDroid

Reaction score
Don't do it.

If you are the kind of user that frequents a site like this, you will be VERY frustrated with Samsung phones.

#NeverAgain
- A Frustrated Fascinate Flimflammed, Frauded, Fool.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

The specs page says that it's coming out with 2.3.

And with Samsung, you don't have to worry about pesky update reminders! Because you'll be stuck on 2.3 whenever 2.4, 3.0 etc. rolls out!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the specs are REALLY close to what I'm looking for....Better resolution would be nice but not sure how much that really matters to me. Same with the front-facing camera.

16 gigs internal memory + 1 gig of ram, with the dual core 1.2ghz is ideal.

But, yeah, without an unlocked bootloader Samsung support is a deal-breaker.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I'll be the first to laugh heartily if this is launched with 2.1.

It says it will launch with 2.3, but does that mean they'll launch with 2.2 and upgrade to 2.3 'in the near future'? I bet it does.

aDroidman

Reaction score
Its not 3.0 so why worry about it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Darkstar0304

Reaction score
This should be a great phone. It's just too bad that it will be from Samsung. It should pack a 1GHz dual core Orion CPU. I'm just wondering if HTC's new phone that is floating around here, the "Incredible 2", will use a dual core Orion processor too becuase HTC only uses Orion processors. I need HTC to hurry up and produce a good dual core phone.