Galaxy S III May be Carrier Testing in Korea; 4.65" 720p SuperAMOLED Plus Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s3-upright.jpg

If this rumor is true, then it confirms similar rumors previously reported about the Samsung Galaxy S III. The newest bit of "intel" is that the SGS3 has entered the carrier testing phase of its journey to eventually end up in consumer's pockets. This is the phase where the carrier gets to see if they can make the LTE work with its quad-core Exynos chip.

Some details emerged with this report. Namely, the screen is the same 720p HD 4.65-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, with a 316ppi pixel density that was previously rumored. Additionally, this screen will supposedly not be a Pentile matrix display, which is a great thing as you can see from comparison pic below. Rumors have suggested that the phone could ship as early as April, but more than likely it will hit store shelves in Korea and possibly Europe in May. right now, that is mostly just industry speculation though.

amoled-samoled-plus-comparison.jpg

The launch of the SGS3 could be very close! Share your thoughts on this ultra-flagship device.

Source: Phandroid

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I detest Touchwiz <shudder>. The only skin I've used and liked at all was Sense. However, since I plan on rooting any Android device I purchase, the skin isn't a deal-killer. The specs look nice and if it comes to VZW, I'll be getting one. I'm due for an upgrade in June anyway.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I don't care what it comes with as I'm sure the dev community will be all over this. I really, really hope it comes to Verizon though!!

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Pleeeeez Verizon......pleez pleez let us get this one! Broke our hearts over the SGS II so make it up to us!