[Rumors] Samsung Galaxy SIII Rumored for MWC; Possible Galaxy S3D as Well

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-artist-rendition.jpg

More rumors about a Samsung Galaxy S II are starting to trickle in now. Apparently, it's likely we may see the first demo of the device at Mobile World Congress in February. Interestingly, the previous rumors pegged the phone to have a 1.8GHz dual-core CPU, but these new reports suggest that the phone will instead come with a quad-core beast. Supposedly, the chip will be an Exynos 4412, 32nm quad-core Cortex A9 chip. An additional rumor suggests a different chip all-together. It may perhaps end up being part of the Exynos 5xxx lineup. This includes chips like the dual-core Cortex A15-based Exynos 5250; however, more than likely, this part of the rumor (at least) is false, because previous reports say that level of chip will not be available until later on in 2012. There were some additional specs leaked that are more likely to be accurate. Here's a breakdown:
  • 4.6” HD (1280 x 720) Super AMOLED Plus display,
  • LTE connectivity,
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 12MP Camera that can capture 1080p video
Of course, these specs are pretty easy for anyone to extrapolate, since these few features are now practically requirements for high-end devices (with the possible exception of the 12MP camera).

There was another rumor that came with this report as well: Samsung is actively working on their own version of 3D tech for phones and tablets, and they may debut a Samsung Galaxy S 3D phone at MWS. This one has to make you wonder, though. Why would Samsung try and jump into a market where HTC and LG have already basically failed to garner any interest? For the most part, the various 3D phones, like the LG Optimus 3D and the HTC EVO 3D haven't really sold very well. Of course, it is possible that Samsung could do better in the market, but who knows?

Source: PhoneArena

doublea500

Reaction score
3d on this phone would ruin it. i dont believe that these specs are in any way correct, but if they were, take 3d off! i dont think any rumored specs on this are correct because they are all the best of the best. - exynos processor, 1.5 gb of ram... 5 inch screen, 12 mp camera..., 2250 mah battery, and quad core. cant get much better then this if i say so myself, maybe remote charging but i shouldnt be adding new rumors.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
12MP? Why?? The lenses suck. If they're going to put these huge sensors in the phones, at least spend some money to make a good lens to make the picture a step above other camera phones. making the picture bigger won't make it any better...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The outdated talk for the G Nex, RAZR, Rezound begins in 3..2..1....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Whole different article :)

I posted it as another article to read alongside this one. Especially considering each article has an extremely similar image of the phone. Its relevant so i dont see what the problem is.

npro1464

Reaction score
Looks like TBolt users have something to look forward to, at least. It looks like it would be between this and the rumored Asus phone. Hopefully they come out for VZW and they do not have locked bootloaders!!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The outdated talk for the G Nex, RAZR, Rezound begins in 3..2..1....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Couldn't be happier with my phone. :). The only reason I'd want this phone is the 12mp camera. But I rarely take pictures so not worth it. This phone will have all the updates I need. There's always a newer phone around the corner, no point in complaining.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I will consider my phone outdated when/if another Verizon nexus comes out.