[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Production On Hold For Switch to New Quad-Core Chip

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxytab2101.jpg

A new rumor has surfaced that claims Samsung has temporarily shut down production of their Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet in order to add a new quad-core CPU to the manufacturing process. Originally the tablet was announced with a dual-core CPU and it is unknown whether the new quad-core chip will be a replacement or just an upgrade option. The new chip is being referenced under the code name "espresso" but no other details were given. It's possible that Samsung will equip their new Galaxy Tab with the upcoming Exynos 4412 platform which is rumored to be under the hood of their new Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet and the much anticipated Galaxy SIII. We'll keep you updated, until then let us know what you think.

Source: Phandroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Can't hurt none.

jerkwad

Reaction score
If it is the exynos I'ma buy dat! Been waiting for an exynos tablet for quite a while! Crossing fingers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If that is the real reason for a hold up, its a good one. I like my Prime well enough, but the Tegra3 isn't too good on battery.