[Rumor] Samsung New 10.1" Tablet at MWC - May Be Galaxy Tab 2 - with Qualcomm Chip

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-honeycomb-10-inch-tablet-mwc.jpg

That a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is probably coming to MWC, is not really new info at the moment, but some rumors have suggested some interesting details on this new device. For one, it is supposedly smaller than the iPad, yet has a larger screen. This would be an excellent feat of engineering, especially when you take into consideration the second tidbit of info. This Honeycomb-based, Samsung Tablet, that we suspect is the aforementioned Galaxy Tab 2, will come with a Qualcomm dual-core chip instead of Samsung's own Exynos 4210 (formerly known as Orion) cpu.

It would be strange for Samsung to not use their own dual-core chip for their flagship tablet; however, it's entirely possible that the Exynos was simply not ready in time to start producing the new Tablet in the marketing time-frame that Samsung was targeting. We will know for sure on the Sunday portion of MWC.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Pocket-Lint

Reaction score
Not a big fan with samsung right now.

My girlfriend has a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (I believe on the net its called craptivate). And they have yet to release Android 2.2 for it. Its still running android 2.1, not to mention the GPS issues... among others...

So, im not even considering this one an option. Got my eye on the xoom, toshiba, and the LG tablets.

Just my opinion though

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Well, physically smaller and a larger screen isn't that hard to think of. The iPad has a HUGE border around the device.

Though, I'm not really caring about tablets. I have a free iPad from my work and frankly, after the novelty wears off, its just a pain in the ass to use. Seriously. I want a keyboard and mouse, I want full web WITH flash and HATE when I scroll down and it takes the device a few seconds to catch up and stop showing me tiny squares.