Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Shooting 4K Video Mounted to a Flying Drone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That title is just awesome isn't it? Samsung decided to strap a Galaxy Note 4 to a flying drone and have it film various landscape scenes across the globe in full 4K video glory. The views are stunning and really show off the camera capabilities of the phone. Not all of the shots were perfect though. There were some scenes where there was obviously too much violet/purple produced by the camera, but this is a smartphone camera after-all.

For most folks who enjoy the larger, phablet-style devices, the Galaxy Note 4 is easily one of the best smartphones of 2014. It's clever marketing on Sammy's part to show off the excellent video capabilities of this device in an unusual way.

DrumsOfGrohl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone 6
WOW those are stunning! I'm actually VERY impressed!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That was pretty sweet. Did there look to be frame skipping or was it just my browser?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That was some incredible videography. However, perhaps the most impressive to me was the final shot where he's looking at the bridge in the background. That bridge was pretty dark but that image on the screen itself look pretty bright. That is 1 heck of a video sensor built into that phone. I know the 20.7 megapixel sensor, that's in my turbo is quite a sensor as well, but it certainly doesn't compare with the 1 in the note 4. Although I'm not going to be using it for the kind of videos or pictures that it's capable of, it would be nice to be able to use it every once in awhile for a presentation snap or a nice short archival video that I'd be proud to display years and years into the future.
I'm hoping that the upgrade to lollipop, and the ability to shoot in RAW form on the turbo will ultimately fill in the gap for me and make me no less proud of this phone than those who own the note 4.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
These drones are becoming a hot item. I'm thinking of getting one. Anyone have one?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Very awesome video!

sent from my sexy Note 4

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Wow. That was incredible to watch. I could only see it in 1440p and not full 4K, but that was just awesome nonetheless. This just goes to show you tech has come a long way. It used to cost ungodly amounts of money to rent an HD camera and film a movie but now you just need a good $600 phone and a $400-1000 drone! Now, imagine what will happen once 3D printers become affordable.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
How about the DJI Phantom with GoPro mount is only $419, and even the DJI Phantom 2 is under $1,000 ($959).

dji-ph2-h33d.jpg

Even the Syma X5C Quadcopter w/Camera - (X5C) is only $62.35 online and it has a 2MP camera (not 20.7MP mind you, but still...).