Samsung and Google postpone Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus Announcement

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not an official one at least.

Yep, but hopefully it wont turn into an "iPhone"-esque situation where everyone is upset that its delayed when it wasn't even officially announced.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Agreed. No other company has been so closely tied to their boss as Steve Jobs was since Walt Disney. I didn't expect the stock to take a dive from his passing as everyone already expected the end to be near ever since he stepped down in August. It is just that only a few people were truly aware of how close to the end it really was.

Exactly. Now there will be an uncertainty period while everyone waits to see how the company settles down now. I still think the blunder of releasing the 4S instead of the 5 and the time of Jobs passing was a bad thing for the overall stock picture, but they will recover. I would guarantee there were many things already still in the works that are still developing that Jobs had his hands in. Just going to see what happens. I think there will be a stock upturn in the near future at two points. One when the iOS 5 drops next week and then when the Sprint iPhone releases. While it isn't a significantly different phone, it is on a new carrier, which amounts to a good bit.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Steve Jobs death. It's business, and yes, Steve Jobs, if anyone, would understand. It's delayed because it's being over-hyped, and it's just not ready.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
We'll be fine. There is only one iPhone but there are a ton of android devices. We won't be waiting 4 extra months.

This is true, but I did ask myself how the mobile world will react from here.

Jobs always kept other companies, mainly Android on their toes. I mean you never knew what was gonna come next from Apple and Jobs always did seem to have a step in every process of the iPhone (at least I believe he did). With someone who thinks so much outside the box and brings new ideas that can be used everyday almost seamlessly, where does the mobile world go from here? The iPhone was the bar setter, everyone striving to make a device to beat it and that will still be the comparison, but the quality of future devices I see may go down because someone as innovative with such influence as Jobs had is no longer around.

We'll still see good devices come out, but I'm actually questioning the quality and polish of future updates. I'm sure many of you will disagree with me, but that's just how I feel. It's hard to believe how much of an affect Jobs had on the whole industry. All eyes were on him and waiting for his next move, but that anticipation and drive to be on par with Apple certainly has faded some and I think it will have effects on our future devices. Many of us do not support Apple, and many of us even go on to being anti-apple, myself included, but you can't deny the control he had over the industry. A once in a lifetime innovator has passed and he left us with so much more than just Apple products. He made other companies change their mentality and quality around the technology world has gone up because of him. Because of him every company tries to make sure things are done right the first time and if not, they surely improve them on the next piece of hardware or update.

I wasn't a fan of Jobs cause of Apple, heck I wasn't even a fan of his. However, I realize how much of an impact he has had over the technology world during his time. He's done so much more than just bring Apple to the most profitable electronics company, he changed the whole game for every company. And because of him we can be thankful for the devices we possess now whether it be our cell phones, computers, or even our games.

RIP Steve, you certainly changed the world with your vision, something many people wouldn't dare to do.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Lets flip the situation... does anybody else here seriously think that Jobs would have cancelled a product announcement based upon a competitors death?

My thought's ... oh hell no, he would of kept on plugging away!

I do....

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is true, but I did ask myself how the mobile world will react from here.

Jobs always kept other companies, mainly Android on their toes. I mean you never knew what was gonna come next from Apple and Jobs always did seem to have a step in every process of the iPhone (at least I believe he did). With someone who thinks so much outside the box and brings new ideas that can be used everyday almost seamlessly, where does the mobile world go from here? The iPhone was the bar setter, everyone striving to make a device to beat it and that will still be the comparison, but the quality of future devices I see may go down because someone as innovative with such influence as Jobs had is no longer around.

We'll still see good devices come out, but I'm actually questioning the quality and polish of future updates. I'm sure many of you will disagree with me, but that's just how I feel. It's hard to believe how much of an affect Jobs had on the whole industry. All eyes were on him and waiting for his next move, but that anticipation and drive to be on par with Apple certainly has faded some and I think it will have effects on our future devices. Many of us do not support Apple, and many of us even go on to being anti-apple, myself included, but you can't deny the control he had over the industry. A once in a lifetime innovator has passed and he left us with so much more than just Apple products. He made other companies change their mentality and quality around the technology world has gone up because of him. Because of him every company tries to make sure things are done right the first time and if not, they surely improve them on the next piece of hardware or update.

I wasn't a fan of Jobs cause of Apple, heck I wasn't even a fan of his. However, I realize how much of an impact he has had over the technology world during his time. He's done so much more than just bring Apple to the most profitable electronics company, he changed the whole game for every company. And because of him we can be thankful for the devices we possess now whether it be our cell phones, computers, or even our games.

RIP Steve, you certainly changed the world with your vision, something many people wouldn't dare to do.
No doubt, I do agree. I just believe that now we are at the point where Android is going to start overtaking iOS as the leader of innovation. I mean the new iOS 5 is already taking clues from Android just like Android began and it took clues from iOS. I believe ICS will be the first android OS to be the leader, the one pushing the envelope. And with Jobs gone, who's going to step up and take the lead of innovation for Apple? Maybe it's just me but I already see ICS being ahead of the new iPhone in terms of specs and OS innovation and features.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Read pages 2 and 3 and you'll find your answers.

About ICS? It hasn't even been announced yet so no word on when the Bionic will get it. And I've kind of given up on the Thunderbolt. It's had this much trouble just getting Gingerbread.

I think the Bionic will actually be one of the first to get it. It already has to 2 updates scheduled, wouldn't be surprised if one is ICS.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the Bionic will actually be one of the first to get it. It already has to 2 updates scheduled, wouldn't be surprised if one is ICS.
It has 2 now? When did I miss that??? And an ICS update would be nice but it always seems to take longer to update phones with the new OS rather than just build new ones with it already installed so I guess we'll find out how Google and Moto plan to out ICS.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lets flip the situation... does anybody else here seriously think that Jobs would have cancelled a product announcement based upon a competitors death?

My thought's ... oh hell no, he would of kept on plugging away!

Yes, although it's competition there is a sense of respect, especially during a time of someone like Steve's passing.

No doubt, I do agree. I just believe that now we are at the point where Android is going to start overtaking iOS as the leader of innovation. I mean the new iOS 5 is already taking clues from Android just like Android began and it took clues from iOS. I believe ICS will be the first android OS to be the leader, the one pushing the envelope. And with Jobs gone, who's going to step up and take the lead of innovation for Apple? Maybe it's just me but I already see ICS being ahead of the new iPhone in terms of specs and OS innovation and features.

I agree and disagree at the same time. I think ICS will be a great OS and I definitely can't wait for it to release, but I fear that maybe that's where the innovation hits a speed bump.

I'm sure we can all agree that no one was as innovative in the mobile world than Jobs, but with him gone now, where does it go from here? I know ICS isn't supposed to be as fragmented as the current OS, but if ICS does take the top spot, will Google strive to improve or just settle as being the leader? That's where Jobs influence on the mobile world was so heavy, even though they were the best you knew something to make their software better was coming. I love Android, but the problem is it's so fragmented how can they decide what to concentrate on? ICS is a step in the right direction and hopefully it works as flawlessly as they want it to in the real world, but innovative ideas from here, I honestly can't see it anytime soon. I know Apple just announced Siri and am really hoping that something like that comes to Android, but I think the "next big thing" will take a long while before it's announced.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It has 2 now? When did I miss that??? And an ICS update would be nice but it always seems to take longer to update phones with the new OS rather than just build new ones with it already installed so I guess we'll find out how Google and Moto plan to out ICS.

If you read the reported bug list, it says the FIRST update will roll out in early November.