Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This has nothing to do with Steve Jobs death. It's business, and yes, Steve Jobs, if anyone, would understand. It's delayed because it's being over-hyped, and it's just not ready.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Disagree 100%....

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you read the reported bug list, it says the FIRST update will roll out in early November.
Oh, I did see that. I was thinking that this would be the first update in general. I guess I didn't consider another would be planned so soon after November or for ICS.

jcardona1

Reaction score

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently their is an official statement from Google that the event's postponement IS because of Steve's death. Samsung and Google Postpone Galaxy Nexus CTIA Event (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Good on google and samsung. Like dezymond said, you can hate the guy but jobs was one of the most important if not the most important tech figure in the last 30 yrs. This is about respecting someone who's influence on the world is long reaching. Pr sure, but its far more about paying homage to jobs and what he's done. There would be no android without jobs.

UNC

Reaction score
It could also be that there are some distribution bumps in the road and they are using the death of Jobs as an excuse for the delayed announcement.
Also, they could be upping the clock speed since the ReZound has better specs than the newest Nexus device. (other than the screen size and AMOLED) I would assume that the Prime has a PenTile matrix display though, while the ReZound may not....

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It could also be that there are some distribution bumps in the road and they are using the death of Jobs as an excuse for the delayed announcement.
Also, they could be upping the clock speed since the ReZound has better specs than the newest Nexus device. (other than the screen size and AMOLED) I would assume that the Prime has a PenTile matrix display though, while the ReZound may not....

Don't see it in the least. While businesses are business, not many are stupid enough to use the excuse of someone's death like that.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

I dunno. Seems like they were full steam ahead with this announcement. They had those perfect combination videos and plenty of preview ads showing something was coming. I know pr is a part of it, but I honestly believe this is moreso out of respect

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I heard the whole delay was they were changing the name of the prime to IPHONE 5 since apple wasnt using it :)

this thread was just getting to serious.

RIP Steve.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
First things first, there's no harm in speculation unless it's being presented as fact.

Second, I don't have an i anything but that's not due to hating a company, but rather due to finances.

C. I truly believe that Apple Share prices will continue to slowly sink, with a few upticks based on people who think they are getting the stock at a steal. This is speculation, but it is based on several fundamentals of business and the market. And I have a background in both, so no need to question what I do or don't know. As again this is speculation, which is exactly what investing is. The very reason people will hedge by trading options on the reverse.
Here is why I see the stock falling even though Apple currently has a gigantic sum of monies set aside. Steve Jobs was the reason Apple began successfully and why it almost collapsed when he was doing Pixar and why upon his return when Apple was approaching bankruptcy, it came all the way back and then surpassed what it once was.
Though the brilliant designer behind all the i products looks is alive and well, the spark that created the fires has sadly extinguished. There's several important groups needed in order to create new mind blowing products. The 2 most important being the Visionary Innovators and those who are able to implement something as close to the vision as possible. The latter still is fully intact, but I am unaware of anyone else there that is the former. If there's no new visions there's nothing to implement.
Every massive hit they released was originally conceived of by Jobs. Jobs also had a great appreciation for the designs look and feel. The things that he brought to the table can't be quantified nor can it be replicated. These are intangible assets which can neither be taught/learned, they either exist or do not.
For Apple's sake, they better have a lot of things already in the pipeline or they will slowly decline and this negative momentum will build. Investments are based on future projections, not on current status.
I believe that the visionaries for a large part are over with Google, Chrome, Slide and Android.
I also believe that the release of the iPhone 4S will not be a golden goose.

Fourth is the whole holding back the release announcement. The move is very savvy as they will not see a plateau of sales as everyone waits on the Prime. We are not representative of the greater consumer base. How many people do you think, besides us junkies, even know what the heck Prime even is. This will also mean that the group of consumers who must own the latest and greatest will purchase one of the hot current releases and then buy the Prime soon after. Similar to those who rushed out to buy as the fear of the tiered data uncertainty swept the community. I know plenty who were not pleased once the actual facts came down. I also believe that Verizon knew this and wisely did nothing to clear up the incorrect perception. It was a brilliant fiscal move as it boosted their numbers at the end of that quarter.
I am sure that they all have great respect for Jobs, especially Schmidt, but these are giant corporations who answer to shareholders who could care less about feelings, the investments are based upon expected returns. Corporations are not people regardless of what some may think. Corporations do not have "souls" or feelings, what they have is a bottom line.
I believe that this is all done to allow the media storm over the passing to eventually clear. This will create a chasm which they will then fill and all eyes will be focused there.
These announcements are only about one thing, free PR in the press which drives consumer interest and desire. Nothing would be more detrimental than having to share the spotlight, especially this one. And hey, if consumers interpret it as being magnanimous, all the better for their bottom line.

I know this was beyond long as far as posts go, War and Peace was shorter, so I will borrow the currently fashionable incarntation of the non-apology apology. I am sorry if this offended anyone.

Go Tigers! :)

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs