[Rumor] Verizon Droid Prime Time! Exclusive in Oct; The Real Reason No SGS2

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Are there specs on this thing anywhere?

More specifically.....does it have a qwerty keyboard?

This may be a phone that breaks my 6 year tradition of buying Motorola phones if I can buy the fscking Android flagship. But, it must have a keyboard. :motdroidhoriz: :p

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are there specs on this thing anywhere?

More specifically.....does it have a qwerty keyboard?

This may be a phone that breaks my 6 year tradition of buying Motorola phones if I can buy the fscking Android flagship. But, it must have a keyboard. :motdroidhoriz: :p

No way in hell this thing gets a keyboard.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Ya better get used to that virtual keyboard! I'm glad no slider, I wont have another one of those.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Extremely sad day! Just when I was getting excited about it, too... :(

I think you'll change your mind. 4.65 inch screen will be easy to type on. Add swype (if you like it) and you'll be set. And before anyone wines about 4.65 inches being too big, just remember that there will be no capacitive buttons on this thing. The screen will most likely fill up the entire face of the device and the overall size will compare to most 4.3 inch phones out right now.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I'll give up sliders as soon as they get one with a built in "holographic" keyboard; the one that projects a keyboard onto a surface and detects key-presses via camera.

I can only Swype so many things before I go absolutely insane. :p

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll give up sliders as soon as they get one with a built in "holographic" keyboard; the one that projects a keyboard onto a surface and detects key-presses via camera.

I can only Swype so many things before I go absolutely insane. :p

Fair enough. Small price to pay for a Nexus on Verizon...Finally.

sb1831

Reaction score
I think you'll change your mind. 4.65 inch screen will be easy to type on. Add swype (if you like it) and you'll be set. And before anyone wines about 4.65 inches being too big, just remember that there will be no capacitive buttons on this thing. The screen will most likely fill up the entire face of the device and the overall size will compare to most 4.3 inch phones out right now.

Hopefully this is true... I think the DX is a bit big but I had no problems when I had it because I'm in a suit all day. I did think it was a PITA when I had on jeans or khakis though.

otmlb1128

Reaction score
If this is true I will definitely forgo the Bionic and wait for the Prime.

Diab210

Reaction score
I'm just worried this thing isn't going to be a vanilla android experience since a) its on verizon and we'd only be that lucky and b) they removed the nexus tag. Hopefully verizon just wants to ride off the "droid" popularity and this thing is a vanilla android, unlocked, beast of a phone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Hopefully this is true... I think the DX is a bit big but I had no problems when I had it because I'm in a suit all day. I did think it was a PITA when I had on jeans or khakis though.

Hmmm, it may be time to sell those skinny jeans! :p