[Rumor] Samsung Prime to Arrive on Verizon November 3rd

chaosnyx

Reaction score
Well from what I was reading the Nexus Prime is going to have a 1.5 - 1.8 gHZ duel core TI CMAP 4460, 5 MP camera :\, 4.-" SA HD 720p ppi~340, 1GB of RAM, 1080p HDVideo Capture, 16GB of internal storage, Android Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0, NFC Clip and no bloatware.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But that is the "Nexus Prime"... there is a chance that Verizon is getting something different and "Exclusive": Droid Prime/Galaxy Prime/Galaxy Nexus Prime.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NFC = Near Field Communication, like the ability to pay for gas from your phone, if I understand correctly... now if you already knew that and were asking what the "clip" part is... I'm in the same boat as you haha

jimmypop13

Reaction score
My gf got the epic 4g touch this weekend and I am in love with it. I wish this phone would have come to verizon. If the Prime is just like it but better screen and lte, it will be my dream phone and I can finally pull the plug on my 2 year old droid and destroy it and piss on it and bury it for pissing me off lately. It's slowing down and freezing and hanging more and more lately. I actually like the UI on the epic 4g touch but give me that or vanilla android and I will be happy!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a Samsung Prime. There is nothing Vanilla or Nexus about it. Expect good hardware, crappy build quality, crappy bloat filled software, good camera, touchcrap, battery drain, and more.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a Samsung Prime. There is nothing Vanilla or Nexus about it. Expect good hardware, crappy build quality, crappy bloat filled software, good camera, touchcrap, battery drain, and more.

Do you have a source? When you say "crappy build quality", do you have any comment on the metal frame?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
NFC = Near Field Communication, like the ability to pay for gas from your phone, if I understand correctly... now if you already knew that and were asking what the "clip" part is... I'm in the same boat as you haha

Nope, that's what I was looking for!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have a source? When you say "crappy build quality", do you have any comment on the metal frame?

Sorry. Its just conjecture from me now. I am basing my opinions on having owned a Fascinate, my friend having a Captivate and my cousin having the Charge. All very poor build quality, they scratch like they are made of butter...and good luck if you drop one on the ground from a short distance even with a case.

But my opinion is also based in not having faith in Samsung after the owning a Verizon Samsung device myself. Hopefully the new batch of Verizon Samsungs live up to the European versions.

And I can almost guarantee that Verizons version will not be Vanilla as they were the only carrier to pass on the first 2 vanilla nexus devices. Also they make a lot of money selling bloatware space onto phones, including their vcast garbage. IMO the next Samsung phones we see on Verizon will be Verizons version of the Epic and the Charge 2.

MadDroid

Reaction score
If this turns out to be the case, I will be very ticked off. I would like to have the choice of a pure Android phone on Verizon, rather than one that is overlaid with something else and full of bloatware.

I love my DINC, but I'm considering rooting it to eliminate some of the preloaded "extras" that it came with.

Sent via Droid Incredible

chaosnyx

Reaction score
What is the NFC clip? Thanks

From what I understand you set up your debit/credit card so you "swipe" your phone instead getting out the card or what not.

Sent from my ROOTED DROIDX using DroidForums

MIUI ROM FTW

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I am thinking the Vigor will be the one to get for people looking for a phone. For me my Inc2 will last me for a good while.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I have had 2 fascinates and a charge. No scratches on any of them. Dropped them a lot, they all still work. There was a problem with froyo update on fascinate, missed calls and text. Supposedly a problem with the froyo update. Got a charge out it and another update fixed the problem on fascinate. They may have poor "build quality", but all 3 of mine worked flawlessly.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums