[Rumor] More Confusion for Samsung Nexus Prime Names; May Be 2 Different Phones

magdream

Reaction score
I was hoping to hold out out a bit longer, but I've essentially been without a phone since early July (wife knocked my OG off the kitchen counter and have since been dealing with a phone whose left side is unresponsive). With HTC holding an event today, and the Vigor not being mentioned, tells me that this thing isn't coming out anytime soon (relatively, anyway).

Having said that, I'll probably pick up a Bionic sometime this week. Between reviews, videos, and my on hands-on experience, it's a good phone, and It'll be a while before something is noticeably better. The Vigor and/or Prime/Nexus will NOT be any faster. Everything is instant on the Bionic. 4G LTE is 4G LTE.

The issues are the screen, camera, audio issue, future proofness.

Screen: I checked it out and it looks fine to me. If I get too close everything becomes blurry anyway.
Camera: Took some sample pics in the store (well lit) and it was fine. The camera isn't a big deal to me anyway, so it's not a deal breaker
Audio issue: Haven't had a chance to test it yet
Future proofness: For the near future (1 year?), this is not an issue.

After reading about HTC's poor battery performance and "cheap" plastic build quality, and Samsung's poor GPS performance and "cheap" build quality and slow software updates, the Bionic is as good a choice available at this time.

It may sound like I'm trying to convince myself (maybe I am), but when I break it down, it just makes sense.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to hold out out a bit longer, but I've essentially been without a phone since early July (wife knocked my OG off the kitchen counter and have since been dealing with a phone whose left side is unresponsive). With HTC holding an event today, and the Vigor not being mentioned, tells me that this thing isn't coming out anytime soon (relatively, anyway).

Having said that, I'll probably pick up a Bionic sometime this week. Between reviews, videos, and my on hands-on experience, it's a good phone, and It'll be a while before something is noticeably better. The Vigor and/or Prime/Nexus will NOT be any faster. Everything is instant on the Bionic. 4G LTE is 4G LTE.

Screen: I checked it out and it looks fine to me. If I get too close everything becomes blurry anyway.
Camera: Took some sample pics in the store (well lit) and it was fine. The camera isn't a big deal to me anyway, so it's not a deal breaker

After reading about HTC's poor battery performance and "cheap" plastic build quality, and Samsung's poor GPS performance and "cheap" build quality and slow software updates, the Bionic is as good a choice available at this time.

It may sound like I'm trying to convince myself (maybe I am), but when I break it down, it just makes sense.

Hmmm...I don't think you've read all the facts.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Best to just give it a try. If you go to Best Buy you have 30 days to return it. If you wait around here, you could get beat over the head for even considering the Bionic!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
As long as the non-touchwized skinny (debloated) ICS prime comes to Verizon I'll be good, but I think I'll scream for Ice Cream (sandwich) if it goes to *gasp* tmobile or something... dancedroid

Grandfathered unlimited 4g will be tough to give up, but I will follow where ever the Nexus goes. Hopefully Verizon, but if not, I'm walking.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow man, that's dedication... My family has been with verizon since it was gte! :p and I'm on the family plan so I'm definitely not leaving! : P

Not really dedication. I'm just completely fed up with the table scraps Verizon calls their high end phones. If they can come out with something cutting edge and make it developer friendly, I'm sold. Hopefully either the Prime or the Nexus or both, will be that phone.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not really dedication. I'm just completely fed up with the table scraps Verizon calls their high end phones. If they can come out with something cutting edge and make it developer friendly, I'm sold. Hopefully either the Prime or the Nexus or both, will be that phone.

You'd really leave unlimited data to chase a phone that'll be outdated by mid 2012 if not earlier? You sure you thought this out fully? Haha

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'd really leave unlimited data to chase a phone that'll be outdated by mid 2012 if not earlier? You sure you thought this out fully? Haha

I don't use a ton of data, so it's not on my list of priorities. I'm in need of a new phone shortly (within the next 1-2 months). If Verizon isn't carrying a phone that meets my needs, I will leave. Simple as that.

RockXP

Reaction score
I think it's really 3 phones

Samsung Prime
Galaxy Nexus
Prime Nexus

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's really 3 phones

Samsung Prime
Galaxy Nexus
Prime Nexus

The main I don't see that happening is because Verizon is supposed to be getting 2 phones and I don't seem the getting any 2 of those 3. I don't think we will see Nexus mixed with "Droid" or "Prime".