[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon's Samsung Prime May Not Arrive Until Q1 2012

y0manda

Reaction score
My best friend works for Samsung mobile. The prime will be rls'd early November.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
My best friend works for Samsung mobile. The prime will be rls'd early November.

Proof?? Lol

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Umm Yeah OK... You've been around the Forums long enough to know you just can't drop by and use a line like that without backing it up. OH and IF your best friend works for Samsung; Why would you own an HTC phone!? some Friend you are geeesh..

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another thing I'd like to point out is..

Google debuted Android 2.0 on the Nexus One in January 2010
Google released the Nexus S with Android 2.3 in December of 2010

Why is it so hard to believe that Google was release the Nexus Prime (Nexus 3) with a major OS update in January of 2011?

Dan, I'm seeing JAN and DEC. NOV would fit right inline. I can't believe they consistently miss out on the holiday season hype. It would make sense to release during big ticket sales season, not right after it. I doubt my OG Droid will make it to Q1, but I really don't want to buy an end of generation phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
Funny how history repeats itself. Like the 1984 commercial about the lady throwing the hammer at the big screen showing how apple was breaking the hold of IBM in the computer industry,you could replay that commercial again now with android throwing the hammer at the big screen breaking the hold of apple on the phone industry.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Funny how history repeats itself. Like the 1984 commercial about the lady throwing the hammer at the big screen showing how apple was breaking the hold of IBM in the computer industry,you could replay that commercial again now with android throwing the hammer at the big screen breaking the hold of apple on the phone industry.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Like this? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/off-topic-forum/175449-1983-apple-keynote-1984-ad-introduction.html

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Later release ... I'M SHOCKED

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

stinger161

Reaction score

Tis true. My cousin's nephew's aunt's mom's step uncle's kid's girlfriend's dad works for Verizon and he confirms a November release. But he said to keep it within the family.

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dandroid
-Google debuted [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Android
[/FONT] 2.0 on the Nexus One in January 2010
-[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Google[/FONT][/FONT] released the Nexus S with Android 2.3 in December of 2010
-Seems that a Q1 2012 release of a hot new device with a cold new OS would fall right in line?

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I thought Google debuted Android 2.1 in November of 2009 with the Droid. Get your facts straight.[/FONT]

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dandroid
-Google debuted [FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Android
[/FONT] 2.0 on the Nexus One in January 2010
-[FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Google[/FONT][/FONT] released the Nexus S with Android 2.3 in December of 2010
-Seems that a Q1 2012 release of a hot new device with a cold new OS would fall right in line?

[/FONT]

I thought Google debuted Android 2.1 in November of 2009 with the Droid. Get your facts straight.

Nope, 2.1 didn't drop until the Spring of 2010. Believe me I know, it was the first time I ever even heard of rooting and all that good stuff. Also happens to be why I joined this forum, waiting for the 2.1 update.

2385amh

Reaction score
BGR reports Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Codenamed “Nexus " FULL SPECS

Samsung and Google will unveil next Tuesday:
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 9mm thin
  • 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
  • TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 32GB of built-in storage
  • 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
  • 1080p HD video capture support
  • LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
  • NFC
  • 1,750 mAh battery
[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]What Do we think is anyone disappointed, did this meet or exceed expectations?[/FONT]

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score