[Rumor] Rumors Indicate Verizon's 4G LTE Unlimited Data Plan Will Start at $29.99/mo.

kirbnite

Reaction score
This much is fact. If and when you get a 4G device you will need a new data feature that will provision you on the 4G data network. Meaning what ever the price they put on 4G will be what you pay as grand father data features will expire for you at that time. Only feature or plan that may survive that if it does would be the Alltel smartchoice plans.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Guyute

Reaction score
Could I afford another $10-15 sure, the thing is paying anything more than $29.99 for unlimited data on my phone just isn't worth it. I'm fine with my 3g speed for my phone, I don't tether. I really don't need more bandwith on my mobile device. Would I upgrade my device to 4g, sure why not, but not if I had to pay $39.99-$44.99 for data. Afford yes, willing to pay no. Seems insane to pay that much for data on my phone, when my home broadband connection probably costs about that much and I use the snot out of that.

I see this as good news, Verizon would be smart to keep it at $29.99, I think allot of people would baulk at anything more than that.

TriDwayne

Reaction score
Could I afford another $10-15 sure, the thing is paying anything more than $29.99 for unlimited data on my phone just isn't worth it. I'm fine with my 3g speed for my phone, I don't tether. I really don't need more bandwith on my mobile device. Would I upgrade my device to 4g, sure why not, but not if I had to pay $39.99-$44.99 for data. Afford yes, willing to pay no. Seems insane to pay that much for data on my phone, when my home broadband connection probably costs about that much and I use the snot out of that.

I see this as good news, Verizon would be smart to keep it at $29.99, I think allot of people would baulk at anything more than that.

Exactly. I pay less for my 6Mbps DSL connection at home than Verizon's current data plan. Now, if the 4G connection would cost $39 and it would be unlimited without a usage per month cap, then I would get it and drop my home DSL and just tether, but we all know what "unlimited" means to carriers.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
then I would get it and drop my home DSL and just tether, but we all know what "unlimited" means to carriers.

I've thought about doing the same, but somehow I have a feeling VZW will crackdown more on tethering with LTE as more people are likely to think that way with the speed becoming a viable alternative to home broadband - the 700kbps I normally get on 3G doesn't cut it.

Crazy when you look at mobile broadband plans - $50 for 5gigs and $80 for 10gigs, and I'm pretty sure I use a lot more than 10gigs on my home broadband. I assume most of those mobile broadband plans are corporate contracts because why in the world wouldn't you just tether? It's not at all atypical to gouge the business user segment (airlines, car rentals, airports, hotels, etc....all do it).

sb1831

Reaction score
You're looking at it wrong. Imagine you have a computer you bought six years ago for $600. You want to buy a new computer today, and you buy a new one for $400 that absolutely blows your old one out of the water.

This could be one of the silliest things I've ever read. Computer I built 6 years ago was about $2k Just built another computer and how much did I put into it? $2300. You can't compare top end technology or 6 years ago with what is now low end technology today. If you want the best you pay the premium. That is how it works.

You trollin?

volando

Reaction score
Dunno, I don't drust Verizon to have a $30 LTE/3G plan, it's most likely going to be $30 for 3G and an extra $30 if you want the LTE on top of that...

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
Dunno, I don't drust Verizon to have a $30 LTE/3G plan, it's most likely going to be $30 for 3G and an extra $30 if you want the LTE on top of that...

They're not that stupid... (unlike AT&T)

If they're going to get people to make the switch to LTE they are going to have the price the same or a little bit more, but not double.

I'm thinking they will have a promotional period where it's the same price then after that is over, $10 or $15 more.

With this new technology coming out they have to be a little lenient on the prices or it won't be worth the switch.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking they will have a promotional period where it's the same price then after that is over, $10 or $15 more.

With this new technology coming out they have to be a little lenient on the prices or it won't be worth the switch.

That's a definite possibility. Hmmm, the Bionic and TB don't really float my boat but maybe I'll go retail and then flip it when I get my upgrade in 6 months and better LTE phones are out.

aRsTwiX

Reaction score

That's a definite possibility. Hmmm, the Bionic and TB don't really float my boat but maybe I'll go retail and then flip it when I get my upgrade in 6 months and better LTE phones are out.

Why doesn't the Bionic float your boat (Unless you like a qwerty keyboard?)?
I <3 Bionic. I'm already a Bionic fanboy. TB I can see why because it's a new phone with year old tech.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't the Bionic float your boat (Unless you like a qwerty keyboard?)?
I <3 Bionic. I'm already a Bionic fanboy. TB I can see why because it's a new phone with year old tech.

Mainly because I don't feel like 512meg ram is sufficient for me. It probably would be, for awhile, but I see it becoming problematic in 6-12 months. The TB, which has 768, supposedly has an RUU(?) of over 500megs. Not sure how that's even possible, but supposedly so.

Don't want the physical keyboard (detachable would be sweet), mainly looking for LTE, dual-core and 1gig ram.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Dont you understand that the ram in the bionic and atrix phones is ddr-2 at 667 mhz, versus standard sdram which is at 133 mhz? I think 512 MB will suit you just fine.

Add to that the fact that the atrix will supposedly be sporting a heavily bogged down user interface on top of froyo or GB, the extra 512 MB wont help you much if at all.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Sorry, i was confusing the atrix with the TB. The thunderbolt i believe still uses single core and archaic (seriously) sdram. Why dont you like the bionic? Is it just because of the lack of hard keyboard?

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G