[Rumor] Rumors Indicate Verizon's 4G LTE Unlimited Data Plan Will Start at $29.99/mo.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-4g-lte-comparison.jpg

Some new rumors indicate that Verizon may have finalized part of the pricing for their 4G LTE Unlimited Data Plan, and that it will launch at $29.99 per month. This would be pretty good news if it turns out to be true; however, please take this with a grain of salt as this kind of 'unconfirmed' industry rumor can easily turn out to be false. In fact, another rumor circulating the interwebs suggests that it will be $29.99 for the data service, and an additional $15 dollars for 4G service. Until we get either an official confirmation or multiple confirms from our insider sources, we'll play a game of 'wait and see'. Get out your four-leaf clover, or lucky rabbit's foot.

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I hope so because maybe that means a cheaper unlimited 3G plan? :)

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
Frankly I can't imagine what VZW to do to encourage people to transition over to 4G outside of offer LTE cheaper than CDMA. If they do put a premium on it, then I would simply stay 3G.

Considering the transition to LTE is a significant change for VZW they are going to have enough challenges getting people to switch, let alone deal with the huge amount of legacy CDMA equipment currently out there.

Makes me wonder how long CDMA will have to be supported by Verizon.

Hoping and waiting...

James9109

Reaction score
Wow that is cheap! and I thought it would be a teared plan or whatever you call it. I would't really even mind paying 50 a month for unlimited.

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
If this is 4G at UNLIMITED data for $29.99 a month (which hopefully includes 3G connections as well) this will be a huge thing for Verizon and will probably get a LOT of people to get 4G phones, such as the Thunderbolt and Bionic.

RevNumbers

Reaction score
If this is 4G at UNLIMITED data for $29.99 a month (which hopefully includes 3G connections as well) this will be a huge thing for Verizon and will probably get a LOT of people to get 4G phones, such as the Thunderbolt and Bionic.

No kidding... that'd be enough to get me to buy a new phone... and I just got my droid2 a not too long ago, lol

adjangs

Reaction score
If this is true, I would expect it to last only around 3 months, ending before Droid X2 and other top-tier 3g-only phones come out. Otherwise, why make primo 3g phones at all? I wonder if it has anything to do with AT&Ts latest pricing announcements.

styx

Reaction score
I hope so. If not, who would be able to afford it?

sb1831

Reaction score
I hope so. If not, who would be able to afford it?

Me and 90% of the other smart phone users. Seriously if someone can't afford an extra $10 a month for LTE, perhaps they shouldn't have a smartphone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While at first the LTE is going to be a novelty to some, Verizon obviously has intentions of making it widespread and getting as many users on it as possible, so it would only make sense to make the pricing comparable to 3G.

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
a $15 option would be an excellent idea....unlimited 4G for $15, A no brainer !!!

kirbnite

Reaction score
I don't see them charging an additional money for 4G. Look at what they did with 4G data cards. New data plans that were actually $9.99 cheaper than the pre-existing 3g data cards. Oddly enough the existing 3G usb data cards can not get the 5GB / $50.00 or the 10GB / $80.00 that were released. Only 3G data devices that can get these plans are the Mifi and the 5-Spot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Android1254

Reaction score
so since im on 3g and pay 30 a month for unlimited when i get a TB i wont have to pay anything extra?

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
How will it work if you have the 1400 unlimited special plan that was mentioned here, would getting 4g knock it out?