[Rumor] New Details Leak About Specs and Name for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only thing I'll miss about not having an SD card is have lots of storage for music. And I dislike using google music beta simply because I don't like the music player...powerAMP has spoiled me.

I certainly don't need 32 gigs of music or listen to a lot of it, but it will still be time consuming to go through and filter all that. Then it's still a question of how much space do you want to leave for videos and pictures.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the whole, I have no problem with those specs. ... I hardly ever pull my 16gb card out of my Inc 2 so that size would be a non issue for me.

Yep, same here.

On another note, I'm a little tired of the continual rumors though. Perhaps it's time for something concrete. Maybe someone could throw us a bone and give us 4 real things that the phone will have, and give us a little bit at a time until it is unveiled.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
My ultimate guess? We ARE getting concrete information. I have a funny feeling there are multiple versions and we're seeing carrier specific specs. I could be wrong, but I just have a strong feeling this is the case.

sb1831

Reaction score
I still don't believe the phone is going to be called the Galaxy Nexus so I'll take these specs and all other rumors with a grain of salt. The Nexus One and Nexus S were the previous phone versions. I see absolutely no benefit of tying the device to the samsung name with the Galaxy Nexus moniker. Afterall, Google themselves said that it was a competitive process for the manufacturers that want to build a Nexus device. They don't have a reason to change it now.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yep, same here.

On another note, I'm a little tired of the continual rumors though. Perhaps it's time for something concrete. Maybe someone could throw us a bone and give us 4 real things that the phone will have, and give us a little bit at a time until it is unveiled.

I agree completely! These rumors are actually making starting to turn me off of the Nexus or Prime or what ever it is.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
Curious on this as well. I always view my SD card as last resort CYA backup plan.

If I am not mistake the storage will be partitioned with a section that a custom recovery can flash to for nandroid. If I am wrong sorry.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still don't believe the phone is going to be called the Galaxy Nexus so I'll take these specs and all other rumors with a grain of salt. The Nexus One and Nexus S were the previous phone versions. I see absolutely no benefit of tying the device to the samsung name with the Galaxy Nexus moniker. Afterall, Google themselves said that it was a competitive process for the manufacturers that want to build a Nexus device. They don't have a reason to change it now.

But this isn't a "tying" of the names, it is a collaboration. Just because they come together for a single project doesn't meant hey will stay together. Just like not every Droid have the Razr is going to be a Droid Razr. And not every Mercedes is going to be a McLaren after the Mercedes McLaren SLR was made... just two bad ass lines coming together for a one time gig.

Chubbydog

Reaction score
So without the SD card, is there some kind of app that will backup all your photos, and videos? I'd like to have one that keeps them in some kind of order. My last 3 phones, I've just switched sd cards to the new phone, and had everything there. I've got allot of pix on there, that I wanna keep on my phone.

diggy488

Reaction score
Samsung
My body is ready...
:icon_eek:

I mean...I want this phone. :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Backup photos to the cloud. Picassa, Amazon, and Flickr come to mind.

Will it see a picture folder in something like Dropbox?

Not sure I really see the issue. Just do it the old fashioned way hooking up a USB and transferring to the computer. Or use something like ES File Explorer, which lets you transfer files to and from your computer with wifi pretty easily.

sb1831

Reaction score
But this isn't a "tying" of the names, it is a collaboration. Just because they come together for a single project doesn't meant hey will stay together. Just like not every Droid have the Razr is going to be a Droid Razr. And not every Mercedes is going to be a McLaren after the Mercedes McLaren SLR was made... just two bad ass lines coming together for a one time gig.

But it is a tying of the two names by the mere fact that they are breaking naming protocol, especially seeing as how this will be two Nexus phones back to back from the same manufacture. The Nexus S was more or less a Galaxy S but maintained its autonomy as a line through name. Whether you want to admit it or not having the device called the Galaxy Nexus and not the Nexus (____________) will set a precedent. Even the G1 on T-Mobile was sold elsewhere as the Dream not the Dream by Google

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess because I don't use a ton of storage as it is, about 5 gigs of music and occasionally a couple of gigs of movies, I like the idea of no sd slot, so long as making backups and all that stuff is addressed (which I'm sure it is)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would consider 2 generations of a phone line enough to establish a "naming protocol"