[Rumor] New Details Leak About Specs and Name for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

creaky

Reaction score
Boo on the no SD card. I can probably absorb that lameness if the rest of the device is bangin'. If not looks like the HD/Razr is just around the corner!

jcardona1

Reaction score
Even though 32gb is more than enough storage, I'm not too thrilled about losing the memory card, just because.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I hope so. One of the reasons I stay away from iPhones is the lack of a swappable battery. Much asI love the look of this phone, hoping the battery is up to snuff combined with the lack of an SD slot is a bit of a downer. But I'm not turned off completely yet, by far. Although I'm still waiting for more news on the Vigor's release to materialize...

I have heard people complain about the iPhone batteries. My wife's iPhone 4 actually has one of the best batteries I've ever seen. Thing last all day with no problem at all and her constantly on it.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How was the Dev and rooting/ROM'ing on the Nexus S (with no SD card)? I have never once removed my SD out of my D1 so I don't see it being an issue for me.

Worst case I could see myself backing up my storage to my PC once a month via USB in case of epic fail, but other than that, I don't think much would change for me.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afterthought: Is the interface between the device and an SD card a bottle neck for any data transfers? Would removing an SD card from the equations speed up interface between the OS and apps stored there or recording media directly to it?

jcardona1

Reaction score
Afterthought: Is the interface between the device and an SD card a bottle neck for any data transfers? Would removing an SD card from the equations speed up interface between the OS and apps stored there or recording media directly to it?

That's a good point. I will tell you it takes forever to load the picture gallery on my D1, because the photos are on the SD card.

sparty569

Reaction score
No SD card means I may just carry my Droid X and use it as my media player.

How do you get a Nandroid backup, or load ROM's if there is no SD card? Wont wiping data wipe those? Is there a protected area of the storage? I just dont know enough about the Nexus devices.

If anyone can shed any light, I would appreciate it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Even though 32gb is more than enough storage, I'm not too thrilled about losing the memory card, just because.

You can never have too much storage, but that is a bit disappointing. I was hoping like 48gigs - enough for all my music and some videos, and maybe even back-up some key workfiles (ok, dropbox works better for that, anyway).

The conspiracy theorist in me says this could be a plan by Google to get people to take more advantage of cloud storage.

Diab210

Reaction score
The only thing I'll miss about not having an SD card is have lots of storage for music. And I dislike using google music beta simply because I don't like the music player...powerAMP has spoiled me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

How do you get a Nandroid backup, or load ROM's if there is no SD card? Wont wiping data wipe those? Is there a protected area of the storage? I just dont know enough about the Nexus devices.

This really isn't a big deal, well at least not for me still using SPRecovery. With the USB attached in recovery, just enable SD storage and move nandroid back-ups to/from your PC.

jcardona1

Reaction score

Curious on this as well. I always view my SD card as last resort CYA backup plan.