[RUMOR] Samsung Galaxy S 3 Launch Details

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sgs3_1.jpeg

The news just keeps rolling in about the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S 3. The latest news/rumor comes by way of BGR who are claiming that there will be an international roll-out for the device, and it will be the official handset of the 2012 Summer Olympics. No U.S. love? According to their source, yes there is. New York City could see it's own launch event of the Galaxy S 3 along with Dubai and Seoul. The handset will come in 2 colors and storage options as well. There will be a blue & black version, and a second version in white along with 16GB and 32GB of storage space. Rounding out the spec list includes: 1080p HD display, a quad-core Exynos processor and integrated 4G LTE.

The hype is becoming eerily similar to that of the iPhone. The Android mobile space is in much need of a handset that can deliver on the hype and this handset will hit the mark.

Source: BGR

2ns

Reaction score
So like one of the iphone's worst features, we have to pay more for the storage "option". I hope it at least has a removable battery, but probably not. Glad it will be an international release though.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
VZW wont see this .. just a wild guess..:blink:

2ns

Reaction score
No Verizon would be an even worse feature. The rumors sound like everyone is getting it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't have an issue with fixed storage. I've never used more than my 16gig card in my DX. Others may and that could be a problem for them, but not me. Same with the battery, except for the occassional battery pull, but if a keypress will do the same thing or a tiny reset button, I'd be fine with that too.

Eric18

Reaction score
So only HD display is it going to be AMOLED and maybe have a Retina Display or higher??? from this, it really doesn't sound all that better then the Galaxy S2 :frown:

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
Same, I hope this is released on Verizon! And why are people not seeming to be excited about this phone? To my knowledge, the fact that the screen is 1080p is definitely good, quad-core processor, 4G LTE and color options. Though anything is an upgrade from my Droid Pro, won't this be the best Android phone in terms of specs?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^Yes to your last question.

I'm very excited about this phone. Hoping the build quality is great, too. Cause let's face it, looking at the back side of the Nexus is ugly.

2ns

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. Trying to decide between galaxy 3 and note/journal. I hope verizon gives me the chance to have to make the decision.

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about the rumored specs, although what would a ceramic case be like? I've never had or held a phone with ceramic casing. Does it scratch easily, feel weird, feel cold, anything like that? Compared to plastic

2ns

Reaction score
I keep hearing about ceramic watches but I've never held one.

npro1464

Reaction score
VZW wont see this .. just a wild guess..:blink:

I think it will. The only reason we didn't see the S2 launch for VZW was because they didn't want to launch it along side of the GNex. Since I highly doubt Verizon will ever be getting to launch the Nexus again (or even have the Nexus) this will be Samsungs primary phone for Verizon. I hope the screen is at least good as it is on the Charge. I'm all about resolution, after having to struggle with a TBolt with epic glare problems- it's vitually unusable in the sunlight! Samsung also unlocks their bootloaders, plus this phone should have a pretty good following. Yeah, SGS3 it is!

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'm pretty excited about the rumored specs, although what would a ceramic case be like? I've never had or held a phone with ceramic casing. Does it scratch easily, feel weird, feel cold, anything like that? Compared to plastic

Grab the blade of a ceramic knife, it would be similar in feel.

Does not scratch as easily as plastic.

Yes it is cooler/warmer to the touch...depending on ambient air temperature.