[Updated] Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
As someone else mentioned, MP's aren't really a big deal for anything over about 4MP unless you're wanting clear poster-size pictures.
Or do a lot of work in photoshop and the like. But then again, why would you be using a phone to take professional pictures :p

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Why want an 8mp camera? Only thing I can see it being good for is bragging rights. I really could care less if it's 3mp or 5mp, as long as it takes fast, clear photos. Megapixels is pure hype. Look at the Bionic, 8mp camera that produces the worst pictures I've ever seen with horrible shutter lag.

This was taken with a 6mp camera, so..........

5601760234_a35443c050_b.jpg

Was this taken with a fish eye lens? Ahhhhh yuk yuk yuk!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dumb question....But what's the point of soft keys to begin with? Why not just give the user an app that does what the home key does, or the search (not a fan of separate buttons for google and voice search)? Granted, I understand that might make the phone difficult to use for a novice out of the box. I'm sure some custom roms (or maybe just launchers) will give us all kinds of choices, though.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably an easier transition from hard keys. I mean if a new OS comes every six months to a year, why not just work you way up to it? Drastic changes generally don't go too well with people. Most people like a gradual change. It makes it easier to get used to and easier when updates come.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
so droid-life just tweeted that a non verizon Nexus just passed through the FCC. If rumors are true and VZW gets the dumbed down Nexus, I am not gonna be happy.

rybnik

Reaction score
so droid-life just tweeted that a non verizon Nexus just passed through the FCC. If rumors are true and VZW gets the dumbed down Nexus, I am not gonna be happy.

Uhh the rumor is infact the exact opposite of that. Verizon will recieve the "Uber spec" Nexus the other cariers may get the same or a bit less exciting spec model 1-3 months later.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uhh the rumor is infact the exact opposite of that. Verizon will recieve the "Uber spec" Nexus the other cariers may get the same or a bit less exciting spec model 1-3 months later.

I don't know, the rumors are so confusing and there are like 13 million of them. I was under the impression the VZW one was the less impressive one.

rybnik

Reaction score
I don't know, the rumors are so confusing and there are like 13 million of them. I was under the impression the VZW one was the less impressive one.

I trust BMX, P3Droid and britishturbo far more than BGR....lol
If you follow any and or all these folks on Twitter, you would know that they are in the know and have not intentionally steered us wrong.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I trust BMX, P3Droid and britishturbo far more than BGR....lol
If you follow any and or all these folks on Twitter, you would know that they are in the know and have not intentionally steered us wrong.

Yea i trust those guys more...and i doubt verizon would receive a "dumbed down" version of it since theyr the ones releasing it first

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

diggy488

Reaction score
Speaking of confusion, from what I understand, the Samsung event that was to be held on Tuesday has been delayed, but the release 'should' still be anticipated for sometime in November?

rybnik

Reaction score
Speaking of confusion, from what I understand, the Samsung event that was to be held on Tuesday has been delayed, but the release 'should' still be anticipated for sometime in November?

Yep, that is the current understanding!

rybnik

Reaction score
Yea i trust those guys more...and i doubt verizon would receive a "dumbed down" version of it since theyr the ones releasing it first

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

That, and V is the only carrier that voluntarily skipped the GS2. They said explicitly that it was skipped for something better. The specs that we believe to be accurate would indeed make the Galaxy Nexus the best. If anything, this time it will be the other carriers who miss out a bit (at least for a while).

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
That, and V is the only carrier that voluntarily skipped the GS2. They said explicitly that it was skipped for something better. The specs that we believe to be accurate would indeed make the Galaxy Nexus the best. If anything, this time it will be the other carriers who miss out a bit (at least for a while).

And I am so hoping that is the case.