Samsung Galaxy S6 Specs Seem Confirmed by New Benchmark Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s6-antutu-benchmark.jpg

At the beginning of the month the rumor-mill started ramping up regarding the next flagship from Samsung. Monster specs for the Galaxy S6 were rumored. Also, just two days ago we caught wind of another rumor suggesting one of the hot features of the Galaxy S6 will be a high-end Cat.10 LTE-A modem. Now we have a follow-up which seems to confirm some of those initial rumors.

Today a benchmark was leaked online of a device with the model SM-G925F. This is likely the international version of the Galaxy S6. Here are the specs listed in the AnTuTu Benchmark:
  • 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 resolution) display
  • 64-bit Exynos 7 Octa processor with Mali-T768 graphics processing unit
  • 16-megapixel rear-facing camera. The device also happens to be running Android 5.0 Lollipop.
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • Tri-band Cat. 10 LTE modem
One other revealing factoid that came along with this leak was that the screenshots show exactly a Quad HD resolution, suggesting that Samsung will finally ditch the physical button and integrate a fingerprint sensor underneath the display and no nav buttons.

It would appear the previous rumors of a complete redesign from Samsung are more likely than ever.

Source: Mobifo.nl

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Who's going to push the 4GBs of ram ceiling first?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's interesting that this benchmark shows a lower megapixel count on the camera than was previously rumored (16MP vs. 20MP).

One other revealing factoid that came along with this leak was that the screenshots show exactly a Quad HD resolution, suggesting that Samsung will finally ditch the physical button and integrate a fingerprint sensor underneath the display and no nav buttons.

I don't think it suggests that at all. If anything, given Samsung's track record, it suggests that it will have physical navigation buttons. Other sites, such as Phone Arena, are speculating that as well.

The Note 4 has the exact same Quad HD resolution found in that benchmark, and it has physical navigation buttons. I just don't see Samsung changing things up in favor of on-screen buttons, especially with an increasing focus on the fingerprint scanner.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung patented something that uses the entire screen as the fingerprint scanner. It would kill the need for the home button swipe. I was surprised it wasn't used in the Note 4.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Samsung patented something that uses the entire screen as the fingerprint scanner. It would kill the need for the home button swipe. I was surprised it wasn't used in the Note 4.
Great. Now I want that. Thanks again Ollie.

Seriously though, specs aren't bad, but I maintain my stand from a previous thread that inching towards the Note series' 5.7 inch screen isn't a move that I like. Let the phablet be the phablet and the smartphone be the smartphone!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's the first I've heard of it. I'd be interested to read more about it. I couldn't find any info on it though. Would you mind posting a link when you get a chance?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Thanks for the link. Most of that article is talking about using a separate scanner, with only a brief mention about possibly using the screen itself:
But in the future, Samsung may use either an optical or capacitive system built right on the screen for scanning multiple fingers simultaneously.

That sounds like pure speculation about the tech being built into the screen, especially when the source of the info, a site that specialize in breaking down patent filings, doesn't mention it (but rather mention using a separate finger print scanner).

It would be great if that sort of tech could be incorporated into the screen itself though.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
These specs are for the international variant. I would expect to see the S6 sporting the Snapdragon 810 and a Cat-6 LTE modem in the US market.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks for the link. Most of that article is talking about using a separate scanner, with only a brief mention about possibly using the screen itself:

That sounds like pure speculation about the tech being built into the screen, especially when the source of the info, a site that specialize in breaking down patent filings, doesn't mention it (but rather mention using a separate finger print scanner).

It would be great if that sort of tech could be incorporated into the screen itself though.

Samsung already demo'd a fingerprint scanner under the screen at CES. It is coming.

They have to do this or do what Apple did. Touch ID works every time for me. The scanner on my Edge doesn't.

It should be interesting since Apple has also patented a behind the screen sensor, or the idea of it, as well.