Samsung's Galaxy S6 Active is Likely to Have Same Display as its Siblings

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-active-leak-640x640.jpg

There is word on the streets that Samsung's Galaxy S6 Active will have a display that is just as powerful as its older brothers, the S6 and the S6 Edge. According to the latest rumint (gleaned from a User Agent Profile from a device with the model name SM-G890A - which is most likely the S6 Active), the device will include a
Quad HD (2560 x 1440) resolution display.

On top of that rumor, there is additional confirmation that the device might have a 3,500 mAh battery, which is significantly larger than what is found in the S6 and S6 Edge. Sound off if you would seriously consider getting the bulkier, but obviously more capable Active version of the S6.

Source: SamMobile

Don't forget to drop by our Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge & S6 Active section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I really like the way these look and that 3500mAh battery would be awesome!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Agreed. Something to actually hold onto, some actual substance. And yes, battery life was a big concern for me with the S4 due to spotty signal in some areas so I'd have to think the larger battery would offer greater runtimes hopefully, without having to resort to battery swapping.

This should also have Samsung's Rapid Charge feature but I wish they chose to use Qualcomm and Quick Charge 2.0 instead. The new USB was supposed to be universal but with new proprietary rapid charging techniques, the fragmentation begins again.

... Sigh...

Last edited:

grrouchie

Reaction score
If the rumors,are true,that it will have expandable memory then I'll hold off for it. As it stands now I'll probably dork out and go for the Iron Man version of the S6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Agreed. Something to actually hold onto, some actual substance. And yes, battery life was a big concern for me with the S4 due to spotty signal in some areas so I'd have to think the larger battery would offer greater runtimes hopefully, without having to resort to battery swapping.

This should also have Samsung's Rapid Charge feature but I wish they chose to use Qualcomm and Quick Charge 2.0 instead. The new USB was supposed to be universal but with new proprietary rapid charging techniques, the fragmentation begins again.

... Sigh...

This should be an Exynos device so having the Qualcomm charging protocol would not work.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This should be an Exynos device so having the Qualcomm charging protocol would not work.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. So like I said before...USB Standardization and seamless compatibility between chargers and devices (now a pipe dream), is once again headed back down the road to fragmentation. I am surprised that Samsung didn't go to a proprietary "data/charging cable" like Apple has remained steadfast in doing, just to further separate themselves from all other cellular phone manufacturers and more squarely plant themselves in 190 degree opposition to and in direct one-to-one competition with the iPhones.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yeah, that was my thinking as well. So like I said before...USB Standardization and seamless compatibility between chargers and devices (now a pipe dream), is once again headed back down the road to fragmentation. I am surprised that Samsung didn't go to a proprietary "data/charging cable" like Apple has remained steadfast in doing, just to further separate themselves from all other cellular phone manufacturers and more squarely plant themselves in 190 degree opposition to and in direct one-to-one competition with the iPhones.

The did have a proprietary charger on their last generation of phones and tablets. It was a USB3/Micro USB charging cable combination which I now miss after they went back to the regular Micro USB cable.

Not that I ever used the USB 3 to transfer data, but it was hands down a much more stable and robust connection compared to the fragile Micro USB connection. I wish they would bring it back.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The did have a proprietary charger on their last generation of phones and tablets. It was a USB3/Micro USB charging cable combination which I now miss after they went back to the regular Micro USB cable.

Not that I ever used the USB 3 to transfer data, but it was hands down a much more stable and robust connection compared to the fragile Micro USB connection. I wish they would bring it back.
That's interesting to know. However it was still backwards compatible with standard USB. More importantly you can buy a USB Charging Block (wall-wart), from just about anywhere, plug EITHER charging cable into it and then into the phone and it WILL charge. Where my concern is, is that you can't buy a Quick Charge 2.0 Charging Block or Wireless Charging device and place the Samsung phone on or attached to it and get it to Rapid Charge. This is in itself the problem. So we have at least 2 different fast charging technologies now, and neither is compatible with the other - hence fragmentation.

deborah3756

Reaction score
Will you be able to acces the back like the SGS5? Or, is that not feasible since it's glass?