[Rumor] More Rumors Suggest HTC Working on Their Own 5-inch Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc_logo_black.jpg

According to this latest rumor from DigiTimes, Samsung may not be the only manufacturer in the market to try their hand at a 5-inch device. Samsung found great success with their "phablet-style" 5-inch phone, the Galaxy Note. It was such a success, (selling well over 5 Million units), that Samsung is set to release a sequel very soon. LG followed suit with their Optimus Vu and their upcoming Optimus Vu 2 5-inch devices. It looks like HTC is going to jump into the "phablet" game with their own 5-inch smartphone.

According to this latest intel, HTC plans to release their 5-inch phone with a whopping Full HD 1920×1080 resolution. If true, this will mark the first time we have seen such a tiny device with a full HD screen. Actually, the resolution of the display will only be 1794×1080, but this leaves exactly 126 vertical pixels for the Android navigation buttons. Supposedly, this device will be HTC's flagship for the upcoming Holiday season this at the end of the year, although it may actually launch as early as September or October. Not much else is known at this point, but we will keep you informed.

Source: UnWiredView and HTCOneForum

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Over the weekend I finally put a 720p video on my S3 and was shocked at the quality of the video. In fact, I was streaming it from my PC via PS3 Media Server and it looked great without a hickup. Hell, it even streamed Avatar in 1080p and that file is an 11gig MKV file. Looked crazy good. Can't imaging what it would look like if my S3 did 1080 resolution.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
On your S3 it will look the same. Your eyes won't see the difference in resolution on a screen that small at any optimum viewing distance.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

tc1

Reaction score
On your S3 it will look the same. Your eyes won't see the difference in resolution on a screen that small at any optimum viewing distance.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

Correct... Even on hdtvs I don't see any difference.

I have 2 50in plasmas both Panasonic... 1 is 720 and the other 1080.

They look exactly the same to me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
My preference is vanilla Android but if I have to pick a skin, I'll take Sense over the other options. However, after over a year of dealing with my Thunderdolt's battery issues (charge overnight, 100% battery reading in the morning, reboot on the charger to 95%, charge to 100%, reboot again on the charger to 85%, WTH HTC?), I doubt I'll purchase another HTC phone until they decide that a high-cap battery is a necessity rather than totally unnecessary.

I like Sense and I like HTC's build quality but I cannot stand how they deal with batteries.

King_Bean

Reaction score
My preference is vanilla Android but if I have to pick a skin, I'll take Sense over the other options. However, after over a year of dealing with my Thunderdolt's battery issues (charge overnight, 100% battery reading in the morning, reboot on the charger to 95%, charge to 100%, reboot again on the charger to 85%, WTH HTC?), I doubt I'll purchase another HTC phone until they decide that a high-cap battery is a necessity rather than totally unnecessary.

I like Sense and I like HTC's build quality but I cannot stand how they deal with batteries.

I love Sense. I love HTC phones, in general. I haven't had a bad experience with HTC because the only phone of their's I've ever owned is the Inc2 and it is incredible (no pun). The Inc2 is still working perfectly for me.

HNettles

Reaction score
I have had very similar problems, and I have the extended battery. Last week, I was off work due to illness for 3 days. My phone sat on the stand, hooked up to the wall charger. Every time I looked at it, the battery level was different. One time it dropped all the way to 14%, and it had never been disconnected from the charger. Makes absolutely no sense at all, but I can tell you that my next phone will not be another HTC.