[Rumor] More News with December 8th Launch Date for Galaxy Nexus, but also Droid 4?!?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid4-launch-rumor.jpg

There is another rumor floating around from a supposedly leaked pic from a Verizon Wireless database. This one seems to confirm a December 8th launch date for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but oddly it also indicates the the Motorola Droid 4 will also be launching that same day. Supposedly, this iteration of the Droid is similar to the RAZR, but with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Although the December 8th launch date is very likely, the Droid 4 included in this "leaked pic" make it highly suspect. It would make almost zero sense for Motorola to release the Droid 4 just a scant month after releasing the Droid RAZR. Further, we really haven't been hearing very much info about this phone previously, except that it will likely come next year. This one seems fairly bogus, but worth reporting for curiosity's sake.

Source: BGR and Droid-Life

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
2 releases in one day:icon_ banana:

D4 would be a surprise to me. That darn Nexus needs to launch already

gmorgan056

Reaction score
So moto releases the X2, D3, Bionic, Razr and now the D4 all within close to 6 months. That's just a ridiculous pace!

Maverick0984

Reaction score
So moto releases the X2, D3, Bionic, Razr and now the D4 all within close to 6 months. That's just a ridiculous pace!

Honestly, they need to slow down. Spend more time per phone and produce a better product while not missing people off by obsoleting them so quickly.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If that's true, I feel bad for D3 owners. They'll be the new "red-headed step child."

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

LuvMusic

Reaction score
Maybe the D4 will be a world phone? Then the release of two phones on the same day could make sense.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola can't even release a decent phone now, and no having to send 48 software patches doesn't equal a decent phone, why are they dropping phones like they are going out of style? How about just perfect the ones already released.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If the D4 appears in December (or January or February or March or...) I will dismember myself by first chopping off my head, then my hands, then my feet...until each piece of me is the size of a 1-inch cube. :mad::mad::mad:

If that's true, I feel bad for D3 owners. They'll be the new "red-headed step child."
That's putting it far too politely. Since this is a family-friendly forum, I won't even imply what I'd say if it's true. ;)

Maybe the D4 will be a world phone? Then the release of two phones on the same day could make sense.
Not sure you know, but the D3 is a world phone. CDMA for US (or wherever), and GSM for elsewhere.

I was really happy with the $100-off Radio Shack deal -- but a D4 any sooner than spring is just...too...frustrating. Let me be clear: I don't mind my phone being obsolete a few weeks after buying it. I just don't want it to be replaced by the next gen in the design series that fast!

-Matt

warped1987

Reaction score
I have no problem believing it, Motorola LOVES to slap it's customers in the face by releasing something a little better after just releasing something else.

LuvMusic

Reaction score
gadgetrants;1859511 Not sure you know said:
is [/I]a world phone. CDMA for US (or wherever), and GSM for elsewhere.

-Matt

Thanks for the info and I am aware of the D3's global capability. I want LTE too. :biggrin:

cdipier2

Reaction score
if motorola releases the droid 4 that soon then im gonna really be annoyed that i got the samsung stratosphere. i like my phone but the main reason i got it was because motorola didnt have a qwerty keyboard phone with 4G lte

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
OEM's can't win with some of you. They're too slow to come out with an upgrade, and now their too quick? I think the nature of Android is there's no brand loyalty, and if you want to capture new and upgrade sales you have to have "new" releases almost constantly hitting the shelves. This is why Moto doesn't come out with 1 phone every year but a phone about every other month.

jleeusa

Reaction score
Can't they all just release a bunch of new stuff only when my contract is up!?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

darrick04

Reaction score
OEM's can't win with some of you. They're too slow to come out with an upgrade, and now their too quick? I think the nature of Android is there's no brand loyalty, and if you want to capture new and upgrade sales you have to have "new" releases almost constantly hitting the shelves. This is why Moto doesn't come out with 1 phone every year but a phone about every other month.

Definitely agree... you can never please everyone, all the time. They're just doing what it takes to gain market share and increase their EPS and stock price.

NeXtras

Reaction score
I think i might actually bite the bullet and buy the D4 for full retail when it comes out... hmmmm.. i would love a foward facing cam and LTE.. oh and dual core..

I have the D2G now.. got it a month before D3 launched...

dam i hate how these companies get us to spend money