Rooting issues or user errors lol

kalel

Reaction score
I just rooted my razr the other day, got really ahead of myself and deleted a bunch of apps through the root explorer program, files I deleted were, blockbuster app, netflix, citrix, arc video lite, slacker, verizon video, video surf, quickoffice, guided tour, city id, dlna, that I can remember, my issue i'm having is with the contacts app, when I go to it it force closes and gives me a message saying, com.motorola.contacts has stopped unexpectedly and closes! I know now I should not have deleted anything but I never had any issues with my x d2 or bionic with removing apps and functioning fine. I tried to install the 2.3.6 update and it says error no arc video lite lol please help me someone!! you're my only hope!!

moto razr
2.3.5 build 748
rooted

eidian

Reaction score
Use RSD Lite 5.6 to revert back to 744 via the fastboot file. From there OTA to 748, re-root, purchase Titanium Backup and freeze apps via TB (don't delete). If you have errors after freezing, just unfreeze apps in the reverse order that you froze them to figure what you need to keep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
K

kalel

Reaction score
thank you I just downloaded rsd now and i'm attempting it now, I hope it works lol

eidian

Reaction score
thank you I just downloaded rsd now and i'm attempting it now, I hope it works lol

No problem, just make sure to follow the instructions carefully or the update will fail (not brick the phone--it just won't flash). Things like making sure that you have the latest ADB drivers saves a LOT of frustration.

2.3.6 ver 173 rooted with NO problems

Last edited:

eidian

Reaction score
And it's a great thing that you're taking this in stride--other people would be freaking out.

OP
K

kalel

Reaction score
hahaha thanks yeah I was freaking out a little but after a few hours of reading I realized it's not that big of a deal just got to make sure to get it fixed

do you happen to know where I can find the adb drivers at? I can't seem to locate them on a web search

ok downloaded the latest drivers and still says I don't have the proper drivers???? rsd won't even load

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get the adb drivers to install properly. I keep getting errors after the install completes

eidian

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get the adb drivers to install properly. I keep getting errors after the install completes

Is it Windows saying there's an error? I'm at work so I can't go through the process to help you step-by-step.

Scott B

Reaction score
Yeah, its windows 7 saying the install is incomplete. It shows all the other drivers installed appropriately

OP
K

kalel

Reaction score
yeah i have vista and it's saying it can't find the adb interface, all other drivers were installed but keeps saying failed on the notification for install on mine and will rsd already have the correct file to flash to or will I have to download it separately?

eidian

Reaction score
Try connecting the phone to the computer and see if the drivers load up correctly when it recognizes the phone.

eidian

Reaction score
yeah i have vista and it's saying it can't find the adb interface, all other drivers were installed but keeps saying failed on the notification for install on mine and will rsd already have the correct file to flash to or will I have to download it separately?

You need to get the fastboot file separately--RSD Lite is the program that lets you flash the file. The fastboot file its a zip file, don't unzip the file--RSD Lite will do that when you flash the file.

OP
K

kalel

Reaction score
Thank you! does any one know where I can find that file? and i'm still not able to get the adb files to download or computer recognize them, and when I plug phone in it says it's searching for drivers but comes up empty

eidian

Reaction score
Thank you! does any one know where I can find that file? and i'm still not able to get the adb files to download or computer recognize them, and when I plug phone in it says it's searching for drivers but comes up empty

Are you using the Motorola Device Driver Installation program?

http://www.rdtk.net/?p=170

OP
K

kalel

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I finally got the drivers to load by letting the wizard search the whole computer for the drivers, once installed I had no issue flashing device, now back to stock and still rooted, with all programs back and running, didn't think root would hold, but it did! then flashed to latest update, and wow my signal went from a consistent 2 bars to now full strength all the time, and we are having a blizzard!! downloaded titanium backup and freezing bull s&*@ apps, thanks again guys, all the info was priceless!! now to figure out how to get my bionic to root