My Safely Freezed Bloatware

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As of Friday, I've frozen these apps with no problems(backed em up too, of course), and phone is working amazingly. Much better then stock.

Amazon Kindle
Backup Assistant
Backup Assistant Client
Blockbuster
Books
Citrix Reciever
City ID
DLNA
DlnaSystemService
GoToMeeting
Guided Tours
Help Center
IM
IM Presence
Lets Golf (This you can just uninstall)
MOTOPRINT
My Accounts
My Verizon Mobile
Myspace Authenticator
News
NFL Mobile
Nova (This you can just uninstall)
Pisca Authenticator
Print to Retail
Skype Mobile
Slacker
Social Messaging
Social Messaging Service
Social Networking
Social Sharing
Talk
V CAST Media Manager
V CAST Music
V CAST Tones
V CAST Videos
VZ Navigator
Zumocast

Last edited:

neilrl79

Reaction score
As of Friday, I've frozen these apps with no problems(backed em up too, of course), and phone is working amazingly. Much better then stock.

Amazon Kindle
Backup Assistant
Backup Assistant Client
Blockbuster
Books
Citrix Reciever
City ID
DLNA
DlnaSystemService
GoToMeeting
Guided Tours
Help Center
IM
IM Presence
Lets Golf
MOTOPRINT
My Accounts
My Verizon Mobile
Myspace Authenticator
News
NFL Mobile
Nova
Pisca Authenticator
Print to Retail
Skype Mobile
Slacker
Social Messaging
Social Messaging Service
Social Networking
Social Sharing
Talk
V CAST Media Manager
V CAST Music
V CAST Tones
V CAST Videos
VZ Navigator
Zumocast

I've noticed that alot of people are having problems with "contacts" getting jacked up and the conclusion seems to be that it's the authenticator apps causing the problem. Are you having any issues with that?

Reaction score
I've noticed that alot of people are having problems with "contacts" getting jacked up and the conclusion seems to be that it's the authenticator apps causing the problem. Are you having any issues with that?
It's the Yahoo Authentication causing is most of the time that I've seen.

Why not just uninstall Nova and Let's Golf? They not locked like the other bloatware...

thisizme23

Reaction score
ok BENLAND: the question is, how did you do that with the bloatware. drop some details on a rookie. por favor.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did have problems with that at first. I froze Yahoo Contacts which fc my contacts. After defrosting it, it started working again just fine. So ya, do NOT delete/freeze that app.

@Saik0Shinigami - So, doing that, later on I should still be able to receive OTA updates?

@thisizme23 - It's easy. Just download TitaniumBackup Pro from the app store or 4shared, go into it, then: Open app > Backup/Restore tab> hit the "settings" button (next to the home button) on your phone before selecting apps to freeze > Batch > Run all system Data > Run Batch operation. This backs up all your stock apps just in case something were to go wrong. You can back up everything you have if you want. Just pick "Run Backup all user apps + system data"

After that's done, go back, and press all the apps you want to freeze, click freeze, and you're all good.

Reaction score
I did have problems with that at first. I froze Yahoo Contacts which fc my contacts. After defrosting it, it started working again just fine. So ya, do NOT delete/freeze that app.

@Saik0Shinigami - So, doing that, later on I should still be able to receive OTA updates?

They're just game demos... and the games weren't sitting in the same place the bloatware was. They were sitting on the "internal" SD Card. Just uninstall it like a normal app. OTA's shouldn't care about the 2 games.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're just game demos... and the games weren't sitting in the same place the bloatware was. They were sitting on the "internal" SD Card. Just uninstall it like a normal app. OTA's shouldn't care about the 2 games.
Just being safe since it came with the phone and obviously are meant to be "advertised" or whatever. But good to know then. I'll like do that, then. Thanks!

Reaction score
Just being safe since it came with the phone and obviously are meant to be "advertised" or whatever. But good to know then. I'll like do that, then. Thanks!
I get the hesitation, but when you can uninstall it using the system uninstaller and it's not grayed out like every other bloatware... I'm going with they don't care for that one.

Edit: Oh an they're HUGE, so that' probably why they have the option to remove it since both together was well over 200MB...

neilrl79

Reaction score
ok BENLAND: the question is, how did you do that with the bloatware. drop some details on a rookie. por favor.

There is an app called "Bloat Freezer" on the market which only costs $0.99, "TitaniumBackupPro" costs $6.88. So I suggest using the free "TitaniumBackup" for making backups and "BloatFreezer" for freezing, it's more cost effective that way. Jusy my2cents.

Reaction score
Heh you're all missing a big step :p

He needs to root first and foremost. Then use either one of the above mentioned apps ( I use titanium Pro)

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get the hesitation, but when you can uninstall it using the system uninstaller and it's not grayed out like every other bloatware... I'm going with they don't care for that one.

Edit: Oh an they're HUGE, so that' probably why they have the option to remove it since both together was well over 200MB...
Very true.. I never really bothered to check cause I figured you couldn't.. hehe. >.> Deleted now, though!

@Neilrl79 - You can download the app for free.. but I won't post the app. Don't think I'm allowed to. I paid for it anyway.

@saiki - Haha, very true. Forgot to mention that if he didn't know that. By the way, like your splatter ava.

Last edited: