My Safely Freezed Bloatware

thisizme23

Reaction score
@droidxdoes4g: absolutely man. i got you. as long as you can get to santa rosa, ca... then i can take care of you. for sho.

thisizme23

Reaction score
@benland: thanx 4 posting the you youtube link bro. i appreciate that. i'll get right on it and hopefully all goes smoothly. is this how you did yours?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@benland: thanx 4 posting the you youtube link bro. i appreciate that. i'll get right on it and hopefully all goes smoothly. is this how you did yours?
No problem. And yep, that's how I did mine. Even without the video, it's pretty self explanatory. Hope it works out for ya!

Reaction score
What the best and easiest way to unroot. You never know when you might need to unroot. I've done all this stuff with my dx so it was easy but now im not really sure how to with the d3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Factory Reset, is your best bet.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Factory Reset, is your best bet.
Don't believe that works, root will still be on it. You have to remove.. su or/and ADB too I believe. I think someone over at XDA is already stuck in bootloop doing it wrong.

Reaction score
If you froze apps rather than straight deleting them, you have the option of a reboot. Otherwise if you go around deleting the stock apk's the phone will fail recovery. A factory reset *Should* work as long as you didn't go on a deleting rampage.

Edit: Uhmm... <insert standard legal disclaimer, because I told you to on a forum isn't a good enough reason to ***** at me>

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you froze apps rather than straight deleting them, you have the option of a reboot. Otherwise if you go around deleting the stock apk's the phone will fail recovery. A factory reset *Should* work as long as you didn't go on a deleting rampage.

Edit: Uhmm... <insert standard legal disclaimer, because I told you to on a forum isn't a good enough reason to ***** at me>
Ah I get you. People that deleted apps really needed to read up first.. not just jump into it.

Reaction score
Im too scared to delete apps so im glad I froze them instead in fact I didn't freeze as many as alot of people did I sided on the sided of caution because of no recovery at this time. I feel a lot better.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im too scared to delete apps so im glad I froze them instead in fact I didn't freeze as many as alot of people did I sided on the sided of caution because of no recovery at this time. I feel a lot better.

Ah yeah, definitely a smart move on your behalf.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
no a factory reset will not work on a rooted phone to "unroot", it will still be rooted either way the only way to unroot is a sbf (which isn't available yet) which is the reason I wasn't going to but couldnt take it anymore lol :icon_ banana:...so untill an sbf comes out your stuck with root

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What reasons would someone need to unroot anyway right now? We can't really do much no that would require that.. I can see why on other phones, but not D3. Unless they downloaded some corrupt one or something?

Reaction score
I think it a peace of mind that there is a way. Some people want to unroot for what ever reason. If there is a way wether it easy or not we should put it out there in a step by step way. That what the forums are for.