Rooting 2.3.5 RAZR

OP
H

helium

Reaction score
Haha, alright! Thank you smalltowngirl!!!

I just can't seem to find anything regarding this error message that could help me. :(

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Well, what I am thinking...is if you could use the Droid Razr Utility to force the 2.3.6 update with the restore files...I haven't found anything to indicate you can or can't just yet...

OP
H

helium

Reaction score
I feel a little confused now. Or very, to be honest. I also feel a little stupid, so I will stop wasting time and just attempt to root my 2.3.5 :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Did it work?

And just as a side note, you can use the utility to get to 2.3.6 - I hadn't found a concrete answer so I PMd Matt, the utility Dev...

Axiom [R]azr, maxx'd out with AOKP!

OP
H

helium

Reaction score
Did it work?

And just as a side note, you can use the utility to get to 2.3.6 - I hadn't found a concrete answer so I PMd Matt, the utility Dev...

Axiom [R]azr, maxx'd out with AOKP!

That's great! I will do this tomorrow, as I have spent so many hours today on close to nothing, lol. It all worked out fine by the way, my phone is now rooted on 2.3.5 :D

Some quick questions:
1. Is there any way to overclock this phone? I've read some topics about different apps, but none seem to work properly because the phone has a dual core CPU.
2. Is there a way to remove/control the information text that pops up when you for example end a call and it shows how long your call was? When I take a screenshot, it shows "Screenshot It has been granted by Superuser" and ruins my screenshots :(
3. If I were to install a custom ROM, should I make a nandroid backup before I start messing with the system files? Or what other method would you recommend?
4. I'm using GO launcher EX with original theme, and I really want to edit the icons of the dockbar. Does anyone know where I can locate these files? I would be greatful to get an answer especially for this question.

If you don't have an answer to any of my questions, but feel you want to mention anything regarding root, please do so, because any information is appreciated, I want to learn more.

Thanks in advance. :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
See answers below...

Some quick questions:
1. Is there any way to overclock this phone? I've read some topics about different apps, but none seem to work properly because the phone has a dual core CPU. I am not into overclocking, so no real answer here.
2. Is there a way to remove/control the information text that pops up when you for example end a call and it shows how long your call was? When I take a screenshot, it shows "Screenshot It has been granted by Superuser" and ruins my screenshots :( If you go into the superuser app, there is a wrench in the upper right corner, tap this and scroll down to notifications and uncheck - this will remove the SU toast. No answer on the other info, unless it is in dialer settings.
3. If I were to install a custom ROM, should I make a nandroid backup before I start messing with the system files? Or what other method would you recommend? It is always a good option to make a nandroid backup (either with Razr Bootstrap or Safestrap) that way you have a way back if something should go wrong. If you don't make a nandroid backup, you would most like have to use the restore files to start over :)...
4. I'm using GO launcher EX with original theme, and I really want to edit the icons of the dockbar. Does anyone know where I can locate these files? I would be greatful to get an answer especially for this question. In Go Launcher, long press on the icon and it will give you an option to "replace", select this and then select where your new icon is stored (possibly gallery if you downloaded an icon pack somewhere)...if you are wanting to use the icons from another Go Launcher theme, chose theme and then select which theme.

If you don't have an answer to any of my questions, but feel you want to mention anything regarding root, please do so, because any information is appreciated, I want to learn more.

Thanks in advance. :)