HELP lol!!! messed up my razr maxx trying to restore stock apps

rboutin2

Reaction score
Ok, i knew it wouldnt work this way but for some stupid reason, i tried anyways. i tried to just copy all the files from a pre-ota.zip into the /system/app folder. got about a 4th of the way thru and the phone rebooted and now my ringer starts going like crazy and a ton of stuff force closes right on boot lol. I was trying to replace a stock app i may or may not have deleted using titanium. My ota was failing but i never got an error, just said it failed, no reason why. Should i try using this fastboot file :
Droid Razr fastboot file - RootzWiki, and rsd lite? Also, will i have to factory reset when i do this? Or will i still have all my apps and their respective data?

edit:
Oh yeah, and i have no data connection, my wifi is grayed out in the status bar, and it says no service where verizon wireless is supposed to be :)
man i think my phone is gna hate me from now on lol

Last edited:
OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
ok, i flashed the fastboot, and all seems well, my com.motorola.home is still force closing, but im usind adw ex, so i dont really care, but now i am on .744 and i am trying to ota, i used voodoo root keeper, temp unrooted with it, and try to check for update, and now im getting a need a motorola services account to use the system updates. i clock on reigster, and it just sits there and does nothing, ive tried both wifi and 3g, any suggestions?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
ok, i flashed the fastboot, and all seems well, my com.motorola.home is still force closing, but im usind adw ex, so i dont really care, but now i am on .744 and i am trying to ota, i used voodoo root keeper, temp unrooted with it, and try to check for update, and now im getting a need a motorola services account to use the system updates. i clock on reigster, and it just sits there and does nothing, ive tried both wifi and 3g, any suggestions?

Did you do a full Factory Reset after fastboot? This may resolve all the issues you are having, but of course, it will also kill all your system settings and apps. Another thing, you may want to first move all your personal data from the internal SD Card to the Removable SD Card Ext. Then when you do the Factory Reset, you will want to wipe internal SD card, but before you do, pull out the removable one!

Another possible solution may be to use this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

Matt spent a great deal of time putting together a powerful one-stop shop for all. Give it a whirl and you may be able to clean your system up that way.

Good luck! ;)

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
yeah i ended up having to do a factory reset. sux. lucky i was able to fastboot to get the phone to work enuf to backup everything with titanium and appbrain, then i factory reset, reinstalled everything, and rooted .744, ota'd to .748, now in process of going to .174. thank god the razr is soooooo fast compared to my droid x, installing all my apps after a reset and data took hours on my droid x, like 20 minutes if that on my maxx. LOVIN IT!!

NEPADroid

Reaction score
ok... may have screwed the pooch on this one. my system seems to have disappeared. plug phone in and is sees the sd, but no system folder... Trying to remain calm, but I am having no luck with the suggestions from this thread after letting phone sit on the RSD lite with the .744

It failed once and I think I may be in trouble! HELP!!!!!!:frown:

NEPADroid

Reaction score
half way home. finally took reload after many retries... doing reset now so i guess we will see how it turns out.