Razr MAXX (xt910) bricked after restoring ICS with Razr Utility 1.82

MichelBFR

Reaction score
Hi!

I have this problem. I looked up to fix it, but I couldn't find someone in the same situation.

I was trying to upgrade my ICS 4.0.4 to the JB Leak. Right in the beginning I followed this step, "Use the Razr Utility to restore ICS to version 6.16.211.

capture1gs.png

But in the process I noticed some "Fails" when the program was writing some files. I proceed and end doing a wipe data as the program asked.

capture2csc.png

After this, my cellphone restarts directly to the AP Fastboot screen with a boot failure:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.74
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first pres power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: System) Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CG: System)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: Sytem)

I almost forgot. I tried to flash using RSD Lite, but I Got an error in the 6th step: failed flashing process. 6/19 flash cdt.bin

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
M

MichelBFR

Reaction score
Guys, sorry for reposting, but I think I fixed it!!!

The 7th stock rom I found worked on RSD Lite 6.1. Now in step 15/21...

I'm waiting till the flash process ends so I'll post the results.

It really worked. After trying another six roms, I found one which passed on the 6th step on RSD Lite.

capture3xs.png

I'm from Brazil, and the only ROM that worked was a brazilian retail which was equal/newer than I had.

Last edited:

mannyz

Reaction score
hi buddy. need some assistance too. I also have xt910 Korean version. i got it from a friend and just did a reset( phone was OK when i bought from a friend he is not into the android stuff). after reset when it starts it first asks that time zone as i select time zone it reboot. I could not understand why. it keep on reboots after some time. can you guide me what to do?????

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem - did you flash the ROM using RSD? I've never tried that - you can do that?

OP
M

MichelBFR

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem - did you flash the ROM using RSD? I've never tried that - you can do that?

Yes, sure you can.

But you need to flash some rom which is similar/newer to the one that you're using right now.

I bricked my Razr Maxx again last week, and it's already using the JB 4.1.2 (Brazil Retail). The problem was, there are no fastboot files of Brazilian Retail.

I had to flash a Canadian Kernel, then flash a Canadian rom (Rogers). Everything worked, because my Razr Maxx is compatible with the rom specs (LATAM).