rooting gs3 for jellybean

mlewis76

Reaction score
debrad0307 said:
I used to root and rom the carp out of my phones.. so far the S3 is the only phone I've had that is still 100% stock. I shocked myself when I resisted temptation.

I for one dont have the patience. I get frustrated easily. My brother tried to root my old phone, and he has done it with all his phones, he spent 4 hrs trying n it didnt work. I tried too. I had the HTC desire n thats a phone that NEEDS rooted but it never took. Im happy with this phone the way it is. If i EVER use up my 32 gb, I'll think about it or i'll just delete some crap.

♕♥♔QUEE₦ BEE ♔♥♕

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I for one dont have the patience. I get frustrated easily. My brother tried to root my old phone, and he has done it with all his phones, he spent 4 hrs trying n it didnt work. I tried too. I had the HTC desire n thats a phone that NEEDS rooted but it never took. Im happy with this phone the way it is. If i EVER use up my 32 gb, I'll think about it or i'll just delete some crap.

♕♥♔QUEE₦ BEE ♔♥♕

Yeah, rooting a phone definitely takes patience. Especially when one phone has several different ways to root.

GoBears

Reaction score
I used liquid jb for a few days and it was great. Data was slightly wonky but not too bad just weird handoffs sometimes. Everything works and you get a crap load of customization including soft keys which I love since my Nexus. I had just two issues. One was NFL mobile doesn't work as it usually doesn't on AOSP roms. Second the stock samsung camera seemed to take the best photos of any app on aosp. I've since went to CleanRom which is an optimized version of touchwiz. Fast and stable, I really like it.

mlewis76

Reaction score
skennelly said:
It's not the Google Now app. There is not much risk in rooting. The people who get into trouble are the ones that are impatient, and don't read and follow instructions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I dont have the patience or the time......at ALL...

♕♥♔QUEE₦ BEE ♔♥♕

jdfaulkner

Reaction score
Go for it!

Don't root. It will void the warranty!!! I wish ppl wouldn't do this to this phone. It's an awesome phone. There's no need to root. Wait for the update! It'll be here soon.

If you're carrier is Verizon then you might as well go for it. If you wait it might be this time next year before you have jellybean and the S3 will be old news. Plus you can always flash back to stock in the event they do actually push the update OTA "soon".

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Me too. But I'm not willing to risk bricking my phone. I don't think rooting would really add much more to this phone. Idk.
I don't want to root my S3, but the one app that still has me thinking about it is Titanium Backup.

Cinoib

Reaction score
Were you able to find a non native rom that would run NFL? I am running Cyanogen 10M2 and if course NFL Verizon won't run.

Cinoib

Reaction score
BTW, I am a fan of rooting. I too held back for about a month b4 I rooted. Not only an I rooted, I am unlocked, and re-rommed w Cyanogen 10 M2.