help plz bricked gs3 after taking 4.3 update verizon gs3

troy028

Reaction score
well tonight I did something real dumb. I bricked my Samsung gs3 that was running 4.3 update. I actually thought I seen a way to root the device. I thought it said I could root my phone because I thought it said for gs3 but it was for the gs4. I get a message basically telling me to take it to Verizon. I hope you can help. yea and what I used was saferoot but I miss read it. thought it said for gs3 but really was for gs4. plz help anyone?

wildbill86

Reaction score
Search the xda developers forum. Depending on what you did exactly, it might be fixable.

OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
I tried everyone I could find but was no luck as of yet.

llarryweaver

Reaction score
OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
I tried mutable times with no dice so I just gave up and brought my friends gs3. Ill just keep it for paper weight until I fill like messing with it again. Thanks all for the help

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also got the 4.3 update, but I made sure to preload the last stock image using oden, "or the one that I found which was 4.0.1", which of course cleaned out everything, and it locked down my phone and un-rooted it, and I was fine with it. I needed to have all my apps to work like they should, and all the roms that I have tried over the years had some issues with certain apps, especially bluetooth never worked the way it should with the roms, well I am happy with the 4.3 stock rom , everything works as it should, phone is smooth, of course I am using nova launcher, the only issue I have encountered is the volume seems a bit on the low side. In regards to the poster, it looks like you have hard bricked your phone, it is all over xda with people loading the latest Verizon update while they where rooted and unlocked. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Never take an update over the air while rooted and unlocked. Have you tried safe strap, there are instructions on xda. Can you put the phone into download mode and connect it to Odin, let me know, I can direct you to the link for the stock image.

newbroot83

Reaction score
I tried mutable times with no dice so I just gave up and brought my friends gs3. Ill just keep it for paper weight until I fill like messing with it again. Thanks all for the help

You could just use odin to flash back to stock. All that verizon message means is that you tripped the flash counter. Download the stock image and pit file. Put the stock image under pda in odin and the pit file under pit. Uncheck repartition. Make sure you are connected under the com port and click start. Let it run until it says pass above the com port. Once you get back in download triangle away by chainfire. Itll reset the flash counter and youll be good to go.

Or you can send it to me ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
T

troy028

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone ill try when I get a chance. @cybertec69 I was on 4.3 but I made a stupid reading error that I seen root for gs3 4.3 rom for vz but is was for the gs4