New OTA for Verizon GS3

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed a thing. I'm pretty sure that Verizon only has remote access to your phone with your permission, and probably a court order from a government agency.
In practice, I believe if you are on the phone or chatting with support you can allow them to "enter" your phone and identify or correct whatever it is that is causing you grief.
As far as the access via court order. Well don't put incriminating stuff on your phone.

To each his own, but personally I doubt very much that Verizon is going to single me out and check what I'm doing with my phone, they have 101,100,000.00 other customers, I'm really not that important to them.
I remember when I had my Nexus,whenever I called VZW a recording would tell me, I have a phone they(VZW)could remotely control.I thought it was pretty cool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Just woke up to my phone downloading the Ota... I killed wifi and data and it stopped. I don't want to root and unlock yet but I'd like to have that option.. Maybe I will have to just do it once I get home.. This is ridiculous I've rejected it 2x already... I'm afraid it's going to finish one time and there goes my ability to unlock the bootloader.

huskur

Reaction score
Just woke up to my phone downloading the Ota... I killed wifi and data and it stopped. I don't want to root and unlock yet but I'd like to have that option.. Maybe I will have to just do it once I get home.. This is ridiculous I've rejected it 2x already... I'm afraid it's going to finish one time and there goes my ability to unlock the bootloader.

Install it. Current root methods still work and the unlock bootloader app still works.

jamjr74

Reaction score

Which ota? Jelly bean? Or the one that's already been out?

Jelem1880

Reaction score
I took the ota update yesterday and I was on a rooted stock rom with an unlocked bootloader. The update said it failed with a 402 error but my baseband has been updated to the latest version and universal search functions are gone. I'm still rooted and my bootloader is still unlocked. Has anybody else experienced this?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It t look my root and I relocked
prior...said failed but it says vralhe

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
To all wondering it worked for me..root then Ez unlock then goomanager flash twrp..all good..so far..

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So hang on, still a little confused, does it or doesn't it break root?