rooting gs3 for jellybean

joko628

Reaction score
Does anybody think it's worth rooting my gs3 to update to jellybean now? I know it will probably be coming ota soon. I'm just worried about messing up my camera functions, but I really would like to have Google now

skennelly

Reaction score
You can install Google Now on stock touchwiz, so I would say go for it. Just make sure you read all the how to's and ask questions. Also, remember that if/when want to take the ota, you'll have to be completely stock to do this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

joko628

Reaction score
Sorry not to be ignorant how would I go about installing Google now with stock touchwiz?

skennelly

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is root, then a custom recovery, and flash the GN zip in recovery.

mlewis76

Reaction score
joko628 said:
Does anybody think it's worth rooting my gs3 to update to jellybean now? I know it will probably be coming ota soon. I'm just worried about messing up my camera functions, but I really would like to have Google now

Don't root. It will void the warranty!!! I wish ppl wouldn't do this to this phone. It's an awesome phone. There's no need to root. Wait for the update! It'll be here soon.

mlewis76

Reaction score
skennelly said:
You can install Google Now on stock touchwiz, so I would say go for it. Just make sure you read all the how to's and ask questions. Also, remember that if/when want to take the ota, you'll have to be completely stock to do this.

U can download Google from the app store. Check there first for everything!!

OP
J

joko628

Reaction score
Thanks I'm gonna wait you are right this is a awesome phone. I just wish we could get the ota already

mlewis76

Reaction score
joko628 said:
Thanks I'm gonna wait you are right this is a awesome phone. I just wish we could get the ota already

Me too. But I'm not willing to risk bricking my phone. I don't think rooting would really add much more to this phone. Idk.

skennelly

Reaction score
U can download Google from the app store. Check there first for everything!!

It's not the Google Now app. There is not much risk in rooting. The people who get into trouble are the ones that are impatient, and don't read and follow instructions.

skennelly

Reaction score
Don't root. It will void the warranty!!! I wish ppl wouldn't do this to this phone. It's an awesome phone. There's no need to root. Wait for the update! It'll be here soon.

There is always a way around this. It's easy to get back to stock and leave no trace of a voided warranty. Folks shouldn't be so paranoid.

mlewis76

Reaction score
skennelly said:
There is always a way around this. It's easy to get back to stock and leave no trace of a voided warranty. Folks shouldn't be so paranoid.

Im not willing to risk it.

♕♥♔QUEE₦ BEE ♔♥♕

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Skennelly is 110% right. Rooting does no damage. Recovery images are in place for disaster recovery. And, that's why you made backups. Flashing ROMs is where the risk comes in, but if you read, read, read, and be patient, there will be no problems. Ppl are here who are willing to help you in case something does go wrong.

Now, I'm all for rooting. But, it all depends on who you are and what your preferences are. Rooting and flashing ROMs will allow extra functionality to your phone, depending on what ROM you choose to flash. Again, that's where reading and doing your research comes in.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I used to root and rom the carp out of my phones.. so far the S3 is the only phone I've had that is still 100% stock. I shocked myself when I resisted temptation.