Rooted X questions

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
than i did adb shell and got
* daemon not running. starting it now* *Daemon started successfully * Error device not found

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Yeah, I posted that before you said the daemon started running again.

Do you have USB Debugging enabled, and do you have the Motorola drivers installed?

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Yeah, I posted that before you said the daemon started running again.

Do you have USB Debugging enabled, and do you have the Motorola drivers installed?

I have the drivers installed but cannot access anything on the phone to be able to enable usb debugging

mkthnx001

Reaction score
To enable USB Debugging:

1. Go to "Settings".
2. Under settings, go to "Applications".
3. Under "Applications" go to "Development".
4. You should than see an option to enable USB Debugging.

EDIT: Did you mean you can't enter the settings menu?

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
To enable USB Debugging:

1. Go to "Settings".
2. Under settings, go to "Applications".
3. Under "Applications" go to "Development".
4. You should than see an option to enable USB Debugging.

When i look at my phone its a black screen with my notification bar on the top. I cannot access settings

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Okay.

Download "Root Explorer (File Manager)", or something similar that will let you enable read/write permissions.

Use your computer to drag and drop Settings.apk (from the files you downloaded) to your sdcard.

Use "Root Explorer (File Manager)" to move Settings.apk from your sdcard to /system/app/. (in order to do this, click the button at the top of "Root Explorer (File Manager)" that says "Mount R/W")

Once this is done, long press on Settings.apk in /system/app/, and select "Permissions". Edit them to match this:

Code:
USER:
read: checked
write: checked
execute: unchecked

GROUP:
write: unchecked

OTHERS:

Than reboot your phone. Once rebooted, you should be able to access the settings menu.

Last edited:
OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Okay.

Download "Root File Explorer", or something similar that will let you enable read/write permissions.

Use your computer to drag and drop Settings.apk (from the files you downloaded) to your sdcard.

Use "Root File Explorer" to move Settings.apk from your sdcard to /system/app/. (in order to do this, click the button at the top of "Root File Explorer" that says "Mount R/W")

Once this is done, long press on Settings.apk in /system/app/, and select "Permissions". Edit them to match this:

Code:
USER:

GROUP:

OTHERS:

Than reboot your phone. Once rebooted, you should be able to access the settings menu.

If i put it into standby mode than take it out of standby mode it wants me to lock it so i do than the screen is black with the notification bar at the top. If i press and hold on the menu key nothing happnes, if i do the same to the home icon the following comes up (voice search, text messaging, battery manager) if i do the same on the search key it lets me online.

Where would i go to get the "Root File Explorer" with no market place app

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Okay.

Download "Root File Explorer", or something similar that will let you enable read/write permissions.

Use "Root File Explorer" to move Settings.apk from your sdcard to /system/app/. (in order to do this, click the button at the top of "Root File Explorer" that says "Mount R/W")

Code:
USER:

GROUP:

OTHERS:

If i put it into standby mode than take it out of standby mode it wants me to lock it so i do than the screen is black with the notification bar at the top. If i press and hold on the menu key nothing happnes, if i do the same to the home icon the following comes up (voice search, text messaging, battery manager) if i do the same on the search key it lets me online.

Where would i go to get the "Root File Explorer" with no market place app

I just pressed the search menu and told it to find the program and it loaded up the marketplace, downloading that file right now

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Okay than, ignore my private message if you were able to download it.

By the way, I made a mistake; it's "Root Explorer (File Manager)", not "Root File Explorer".

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Okay than, ignore my private message if you were able to download it.

By the way, I made a mistake; it's "Root Explorer (File Manager)", not "Root File Explorer".

LOL thank you though im sure ill use it once i get my phone back up. Its done downloading