Droid X won't boot!!!

agreco60

Reaction score
Good morning, hopefully somebody can help me out. Last night my battery was low and the Droid X was acting real slow so I powered down. When I powered up it just cycles between the Droid script and the Droid eye, the phone will not boot up. I have tried a battery pull with the same results. The phone is not rooted. I let the battery charge overnite with the same results. I am going to try to make it to the Verizon store today. My question is if they do some sort of factory reset will it wipe out everthing on my SD card. Can I pull the SD card out, let them do their thing and then put it back in. Is there anything else I can do.

Thank You

Snow02

Reaction score
That's called a boot loop. You need to do a reset. Hold the home button then power up the phone. Let go of home once the triangle comes up on screen. Then press the search button, which will bring up a menu. Navigate using the volume buttons. Choose factory reset, selecting with the camera button. Confirm. Let it finish. Then select reboot.

This will not touch your sd card, so no worries there.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
+1 on the bootloop.. Its odd that it is doing it even if you were just operating as normal. If its not hacked take it back.. It can become annoying to constantly factory reset the thing..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take it back. Just do as suggested, factory data reset. If you have any task killers or antivirus, get rid of them before doing the wipe.

If it happens again after that, then bring it back.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I wouldn't take it back. Just do as suggested, factory data reset. If you have any task killers or antivirus, get rid of them before doing the wipe.

If it happens again after that, then bring it back.

Its gonna be tough to get rid of anti-virus and task killers prior if he can't boot into the OS.

I agree with the one shot on the data wipe.. But it gets old constantly having to go back and placed things on homescreens and make sure all your apps are back..

OP
A

agreco60

Reaction score
I took the phone to Verizon...They said they did a reboot so I imagine it was the same as suggested here. Any reason why this happened. I have had the phone for about 6 months with no problems. After searching on the internet other people have had the same problem.

Thanks

omlifecrew

Reaction score
Same for me! Had it 6 months and my phone went into the boot loop. Had to do a hard reset.