Droid to Droid X rooted memory card issues

fastbackb16

Reaction score
Well 1st of let me say im not new to the world of cell phones. I have rooted my fair share of Android devices. The reason why i am posting this is to see if any one else had the same issue as me

1. I went from a Motorola droid to the droid x today and my initial response was i was completely disappointed with the X. The phone was completely lag kept power cycling by itself camera wouldn't work. After 4 failed factory resets.(let me say the 1st 2 times it would force close my attempt at doing a factory reset) I decided to take a ride to my local verizon wireless store. Tech was no help( as they never are) and had them try to trouble shoot it. They swapped my X with another activated powered on and tried to use the camera and boom same results as the first droid x. After taking out the battery a few times with no progress they were completely dumbfounded. Then it hit me, I told them removed the memory card and put the completely formatted one in and presto phone works fine with no lag camera works great .

But i decided to recreate the issue when i got home so i experimented i took another 16gb memory card and copied the files to root the Motorola droid a855 and what do you know phone starts acting up again, power cycle, lagging, camera doesn't work. out back the original memory card and then it work fine again.

My hypothesis is maybe something with the rooted memory card is making the droid x go crazy. Has anyone with going from a rooted droid to a droid x have this same issue. If so post was happened to your device.

absolutxcel

Reaction score
I made the switch from AT&T to Verizon (I used to be with verizon but switched with the iphone and was disappointed when watching my brothers fail over and over) and bought a Droid X. I brought it home knowing that syncing would not be as easy as it is on an iphone, however my sd card in my phone does not work what-so-ever. I tried syncing my phone to the computer and it does not recognize that my phone is even connected (I tried switching to USB mass storage device to no avail). Then I checked and made sure the sd card was in the phone (it was, and I took it out and put it back in), and then went to settings > sd card in the phone.. and the phone doesn't even recognize that there is an sd card in it... wtf... so now NO music. The main reason I loved the iphone was that I listen to music constantly and I just used it as an ipod. This is really frustrating.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
try toggling between charging only and usb mass storage once or twice... worked for me?

chilosix

Reaction score
Hmm i actually have my old sd card full of app cache and even apps (apps 2 sd) from my old droid. I think im going to back up my whole sd card and then format it. Thanks for the advice!

tildencards

Reaction score
I toggle between charge only and mass storage and it worked for me on me bionic...thanks!