Rooted X questions

mkthnx001

Reaction score
I just dont want to have re re-do everything

I think what happened was that a required app for Moto Blur was deleted and that's why it wasn't showing the launcher and apps. I don't actually think all the apps were deleted. When you rebooted the phone and reset it to factory settings, it couldn't find the required app and therefore was unable to load the launcher.

It couldn't have just been just one application that was deleted; he couldn't even access the settings menu until I walked him through pushing Setttings.apk back to /system/app/.

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Yes and thank you both very very much...so im just confirming that i can wipe the device if needed??

bigd73

Reaction score
Alright, one phone fixed. Factory reset is safe. You're welcome.

Akita

Reaction score
Threads like this make me not want to Root until the bootloader/custom roms thing is fully worked out and at least when Froyo is released. Not to mention a comprehensive list of Safe/unsafe delete list(i know of the ones listed so far but Id like to see something definitive).

Last edited:

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Threads like this make me not want to Root until the bootloader/custom roms thing is fully worked out and at least when Froyo is released. Not to mention a comprehensive list of Safe/unsafe delete list(i know of the ones listed so far but Id like to see something definitive).

If you can follow simple instructions, than you shouldn't have any problems rooting your device. There's even a program (most likely coded in C/C++) to do it for you with just one click:

Code:
http://alldroid.org/Default.aspx?tabid=40&g=posts&t=553

Akita

Reaction score
Oh I understand what to do its just that I don't want to be in the same predicament like the TS has been. Plus it'll give me time to read up on everything before doing so