rooted droid 1 trying to recieve ota frg22d

captkras

Reaction score
Running a rooted droid 1, version frg01B. All is happy and nice....

However, when I reboot my phone, I get a message saying that there is an update for my phone. I figure this is the frg22d update, and I say go ahead. However, SPRecovery boot loader comes up, and it is blocked.

What are my options? Is it possible to allow for this update? If so how? I know I can always manually update as well. And is there a real reason for me to do so?

Thanks in advance....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I suggest you flash a rooted copy of the frg22 update and all will be happy again -

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
So many roms, so little time. . .

But unless you want to lose root, do NOT find a way to install that update from VZW.

good luck

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Until you update to frg22 you are going to have this ongoing notification - just do as was suggested and install frg22 with Root Access and the problem will cease

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that if I rooted via these instructions...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

I wouldn't have to worry about loosing root.

This is the only way to root ONCE you are already at frg22d.
If you are still at frg01b you will continue to get the message. I would suggest going to Metickmod or if you want stock+root, sbf frg22d full file (its on the internets) and then follow motocache1's method.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Afaik if you create a nandroid backup in sprecovery before you do whatever you decide, it will be available afterwards because they are saved to your sdcard.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I was under the impression that if I rooted via these instructions...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

I wouldn't have to worry about loosing root.
That will block the OTA push, but you'll still keep downloading it at the cost of data and battery, and you'll keep getting the annoying nag screen.

However, if you flash one of the ROMs listed above you'll not get nagged, you'll have the latest features for a stock ROM, and you'll keep SPRecovery.

OP
C

captkras

Reaction score
Been looking at Metickmod, will I need to reinstall any google aps?

OP
C

captkras

Reaction score
Ok, so flashing to that I would still have all my google apps.....definitely food for thought. On travel the next few weeks, so don't want to munge anything up right now, I can deal with the nag alerts...