help with rooting FRG22D stuck at install/sdcard/update.zip(deprecated)

smokecrops

Reaction score
ok help im freaking out, I followed all the steps needed to root 2.2 FRG22D and I get to the screen with the gold droid and go to install, then allow update.zip installation, then install/sdcard/update.zip(deprecated) and it keeps saying

can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmblk0) no such file or directory E: can't mount SDCARD:update.zip installation aborted

please please help me

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try pulling the battery, taking out the memory card then replacing both and trying it again

OP
S

smokecrops

Reaction score
ok thank you so much for the speedy reply, I tried what you said but no dice...any other ideas? is this a common problem? with my luck this is prolly the first time in the history of the internet this problem has come up

OP
S

smokecrops

Reaction score
ok, got it fixed....this is a crazy solution...and its so simple and weird I'm not sure if anyone would ever have figured it out, and I'm not sure how many people this has affected, if any, but its one of those things where you go...WOW!....

ok so after i get to the place where you hold X and Boot, and go down and select install allow update, and all that...well heres the thing...if you dont use the volume up/down and the camera button to select and execute it wont work, I was using the d-pad and the button in the center to navigate and select and everytime it failed.

so that was the core issue, I now have root access and am jumping theoretically jumping for joy.

so I dont know if this could be of assistance to anyone, but now you know.