[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

droidxethan

Reaction score
aefd048f-25ce-a4a2.jpg

And people said liberty kills your battery :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxethan

Reaction score
I rooted with z4root; Backed up with Titanium Backup; i went to Rom Manager and went to backup current rom..it rebooted then i went to rom manager again and went to reboot into recovery. i held X when the screen went black to go to recovery before the "M".. it loaded a little bit then i got an exclamation point next to the android guy. sometimes it will freeze there or it will reboot again and start up normally.

any ideas why this is happening?

[[[my rom manager is at ClockworkMod 2.5.0.8]]]

Hey u should not make backups with rom manager bad stuff can happen

HxCZombie

Reaction score
Yeah!

R2D2 is finally running Liberty 1.5!
took me long enough lol
but i figured it out!dancedroid

Romulet

Reaction score
Search for quality ROM, find Liberty, bend over backwards to get it running (website blocks), become moderately satisfied, notice Liberty 1.5, FFUUUUU

x.x sometimes I ought to read a few more lines before I go downloading things...

duck on quack

Reaction score
The Toolbox is really what makes this ROM so awesome. It's blur-less like Fission and has similar (or somewhat less) battery life, but the Liberty Toolbox just has great customization options. I actually didn't realize there was an updated Toolbox on the Market for a while, but the stock version had more than enough. I love the Gingerbread Blue theme and custom fonts! :D

The only issue I'm having which has grown, unfortunately, more and more intolerable in the last week is the occasional sluggishness. I don't know if this is ROM related or what, since I experienced similar issues on Fission, but not to this extent.

Example:
I'll finish texting someone, and then hit the Home button. The phone will take ~5 seconds to actually respond; in the meantime I've hit the button several more times and LauncherPro flipped out. Does the stock Launcher have these issues?
Or,
I take the phone out of my pocket to call someone, hit the power button, and try to drag the slider... but the phone locks up for ~5 seconds again, and the lock slider just stops responding temporarily.

Before installing Liberty, I wiped, flashed 2.3.20 SBF, and wiped again; only thing I forgot was a factory reset. I also restored some app data through Titanium Backup, which I heard can cause problems.

Anyone know of a solution? I don't have the reboots at all, and I've never had to do a battery pull... it's just the lock ups that last for a few seconds and general sluggishness.

droidxethan

Reaction score
The Toolbox is really what makes this ROM so awesome. It's blur-less like Fission and has similar (or somewhat less) battery life, but the Liberty Toolbox just has great customization options. I actually didn't realize there was an updated Toolbox on the Market for a while, but the stock version had more than enough. I love the Gingerbread Blue theme and custom fonts! :D

The only issue I'm having which has grown, unfortunately, more and more intolerable in the last week is the occasional sluggishness. I don't know if this is ROM related or what, since I experienced similar issues on Fission, but not to this extent.

Example:
I'll finish texting someone, and then hit the Home button. The phone will take ~5 seconds to actually respond; in the meantime I've hit the button several more times and LauncherPro flipped out. Does the stock Launcher have these issues?
Or,
I take the phone out of my pocket to call someone, hit the power button, and try to drag the slider... but the phone locks up for ~5 seconds again, and the lock slider just stops responding temporarily.

Before installing Liberty, I wiped, flashed 2.3.20 SBF, and wiped again; only thing I forgot was a factory reset. I also restored some app data through Titanium Backup, which I heard can cause problems.

Anyone know of a solution? I don't have the reboots at all, and I've never had to do a battery pull... it's just the lock ups that last for a few seconds and general sluggishness.

i dont get why u wipe flash SBF and then wipe agian?why cant u just wipe once then flash it?

phreak9002

Reaction score
So I heard that liberty might work on the D2G?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

i just read that it will work, you have to install then install the Romer from here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ge...rom-er-tool-tool-convert-d2-roms-use-d2g.html

I have heard version 4 works best, using version 6 causes the phone to reboot whenever it sleeps, not a big deal, but v4 supposedly doesn't cause that. i don't have a global so i cant test
I can verify that the latest version DOES cause the sleep-reset issue. I was actually about to ask if I can just re-flash with v4 to correct this

leakim13

Reaction score
My brain can't comprehend this.

Is it set to 1 volt (edit: close I see ur running at 3 and change) and at 50 Mhz? Do u just pay your bill to verizon and then write it off as a charitable donation because there is no way on gods greeeeeeeeen earth that this happens and you actually USE your phone... Like at all.

I want full details of how everything is set up to take a shot at replicating this! I don't care if I have to buy $50 in apps.

Pretty please?

Flabbergasted.

aefd048f-25ce-a4a2.jpg

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

droidxethan

Reaction score
My brain can't comprehend this.

Is it set to 1 volt (edit: close I see ur running at 3 and change) and at 50 Mhz? Do u just pay your bill to verizon and then write it off as a charitable donation because there is no way on gods greeeeeeeeen earth that this happens and you actually USE your phone... Like at all.

I want full details of how everything is set up to take a shot at replicating this! I don't care if I have to buy $50 in apps.

Pretty please?

Flabbergasted.

aefd048f-25ce-a4a2.jpg

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

haha my phone actually doesnt last that long when i flash roms and then have to restore a backup this will usually happen for some reason my phone will last like 19 hours tops a guy can only wish for 20 and half days its just a glitch :)

HxCZombie

Reaction score
Just overclocked. Runs amazingly fast but drains battery. But once battery hits 80% goes to normal then at 35% slows down for more battery life! OreoSlice is very tasty.

Sent from my overclocked Liberty 1.5/OreoSlice R2DROID2 using DroidForums App :D

droidxethan

Reaction score
Just overclocked. Runs amazingly fast but drains battery. But once battery hits 80% goes to normal then at 35% slows down for more battery life! OreoSlice is very tasty.

Sent from my overclocked Liberty 1.5/OreoSlice R2DROID2 using DroidForums App :D

About how many hours can yours last? I also have Oreoslice

lopedog

Reaction score
New to the phone and liberty. Loving the ROM so far. Was wondering if there was a to restore the battery manager the came stock on the phone or is there a good alt?

Sent from my DROID2 R2D2

Status
Not open for further replies.