[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

HxCZombie

Reaction score
Just overclocked. Runs amazingly fast but drains battery. But once battery hits 80% goes to normal then at 35% slows down for more battery life! OreoSlice is very tasty.

Sent from my overclocked Liberty 1.5/OreoSlice R2DROID2 using DroidForums App :D

About how many hours can yours last? I also have Oreoslice

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Overclocked on the whole time lasts prob a good 4 to 5 hours. But with differents profiles on it lasts 8 to 10+ hours. All depends what I'm doin

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

droidxethan

Reaction score
Just overclocked. Runs amazingly fast but drains battery. But once battery hits 80% goes to normal then at 35% slows down for more battery life! OreoSlice is very tasty.

Sent from my overclocked Liberty 1.5/OreoSlice R2DROID2 using DroidForums App :D

Overclocked on the whole time lasts prob a good 4 to 5 hours. But with differents profiles on it lasts 8 to 10+ hours. All depends what I'm doin

Wow that's not much man I at 13 hours and 30 percent but I never overlclock mainly underclock I'm always trying to get as much outta my battery and I also have the extended battery I no liberty isn't amazing on battery but as long as I can go the whole day from when I unplug my till when I'm going to sleep then I'm happy haha

HxCZombie

Reaction score

Wow that's not much man I at 13 hours and 30 percent but I never overlclock mainly underclock I'm always trying to get as much outta my battery and I also have the extended battery I no liberty isn't amazing on battery but as long as I can go the whole day from when I unplug my till when I'm going to sleep then I'm happy haha

Lol yeah I'm adjusting profiles with overclocking. I'm just on a stock battery. If I stay overclocked it will drain faaaaaasst. But with different settings it will last quite awhile

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

spencar625

Reaction score
Will liberty work with my limited edition R2D2 droid?

lopedog

Reaction score
Will liberty work with my limited edition R2D2 droid?

Yes that is what I'm running right now. But I'm looking for something a little closer the stock ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 R2D2

HxCZombie

Reaction score
Of course it will. I'm running liberty too with oreoslice. Its awesome, it will get rid of the r2d2 boot animation tho. But you can fix it later

spencar625

Reaction score
Ok now that we have that covered, are there any special things I have to do? I don't really care if I have any of the special r2d2 features. But I'm not quite sure on what I'm doing. My friend did his dx with apex himself and he didn't have anyproblems but I was wondering if its different for liberty because idk how I'm going to tell my parents that I just broke my phone by trying to hack into it and there's nothing we can do about it. Also what is the likelyness of it breaking?

tb110895

Reaction score
Ok now that we have that covered, are there any special things I have to do? I don't really care if I have any of the special r2d2 features. But I'm not quite sure on what I'm doing. My friend did his dx with apex himself and he didn't have anyproblems but I was wondering if its different for liberty because idk how I'm going to tell my parents that I just broke my phone by trying to hack into it and there's nothing we can do about it. Also what is the likelyness of it breaking?

Download the rom and put it in the root of your sd card
You need the app called droid 2 bootstrapper. I think its $2 in the market or free on his website. This is what you would use to install the rom, themes, and other flashable things.
Its probably best that you back everything up. You can do this with titanium backup(apps+data) and sms backup(sms mms)
Go into bootstrap and press that top button. It will ask for superuser permissions and you have to tell it ok. Then a box will come up that says "success!" Now press reboot bootstrap
When you get into the bootstrapper, you have to wipe data and cache partitions. Then go to install zip from sd card> choose zip from sd. Locate the zip and install.
Someone tell me if I missed something.

Sent from my DROID2

spencar625

Reaction score

You need the app called droid 2 bootstrapper. I think its $2 in the market or free on his website. This is what you would use to install the rom, themes, and other flashable things.
Its probably best that you back everything up. You can do this with titanium backup(apps+data) and sms backup(sms mms)
Go into bootstrap and press that top button. It will ask for superuser permissions and you have to tell it ok. Then a box will come up that says "success!" Now press reboot bootstrap
When you get into the bootstrapper, you have to wipe data and cache partitions. Then go to install zip from sd card> choose zip from sd. Locate the zip and install.

Sent from my DROID2

Wow thanks for this. I just noticed that my friend downloaded the droid x bootstrapper cause that's what he has. Ill make him get rid of that and get the droid 2 one. Ill then follow your instructions. Are you sure my phone won't brick?

tb110895

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Wow thanks for this. I just noticed that my friend downloaded the droid x bootstrapper cause that's what he has. Ill make him get rid of that and get the droid 2 one. Ill then follow your instructions. Are you sure my phone won't brick?

I don't have an r2d2 so I can't garuntee anything, but nothing should happen. A lot of people are running liberty on their r2's
If something should happen, Just sbf.
It would be smart to make a backup first before you flash too.
In the bootstrapper, go to backup and restore and hit backup.

Sent from my DROID2

spencar625

Reaction score
What is sbf and what is koushs website

tb110895

Reaction score
An sbf file fixes your phone if you go into a bootloop or something. It returns your phone to stock state, as if it just came out of the box. Its good cause it cleans out all the cobwebs
I'm not sure what his website is. I just googled koush bootstrap or something like that.

In my first set of steps I left out an important part. Backup your current rom. This is very important. I said it in my last post but I want to make sure you don't overlook it

Sent from my DROID2

Status
Not open for further replies.